Decapitation should be a rated victory condition

To get around the fact that very few people join a modded game, I've been using Supremacy victory condition instead, and we just surrender when it's clearly over. But Supremacy is also unrated, sadly. Still, you might want to try that instead, until decapitation is in

this should be an official lobby option.

i also think the original share condition, where anything you had given allies remained after your death, but anything in your possession explodes. "Share after death" vs current "share until death".

share after death and decapitation should both become rated FAF lobby options.

That condition would just be used to farm unfamiliar players that aren’t aware it’s strictly dominant to donate everything immediately at death. One player in a lobby unfamiliar with it and their team automatically loses if he dies.

I'd like to see it ranked as well. I could see myself making my games Decap instead of FS from time to time.

Maybe we could change the "show modded games" option to "hide unranked mods" so ranked mods can get more visibility

The server doesn't currently tell you whether mods are ranked or not so this has the same problem of requiring API queries from everyone for every mod in the list as just the general requests for is this game rated or not.

So we would need a server change first to send the info if the mods used are ranked?

Yes, or even the full blown server implementation of is this game ranked check.

But would also need to be smart about how often the db is called and caching.

When you lose your com do you lose e and m storage as well?

if you mean acu's storages, it is tied to the unit itself so yes

Yes, yeah sound like a fun game mode

So... is this going to be implemented? I think it would be a really good game mode! especially in games that have a large variance in ratings between teammates.

is this still being implemented?

@Caliber you can track the progress on this feature here: https://github.com/FAForever/fa/issues/5347