Random UI improvements [UI mod]

@archsimkat said in Random UI improvements [UI mod]:

@Jip you should integrate these changes into the base game.

The community should test these out for at least a week or two. Some of them might be more popular than others.

But I agree that these might be appropriate for inclusion in the base game.

I would also argue that the new reclaim order that is presented here should just be the default one, I see no added value in being able to spam reclaim clicks on stuff you can't reclaim just for your engie to ignore them later on.

How are you gonna catch people using mouse clicker macros now?

I'm discussing integration in a Discord thread.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Only with replay parser I guess. If player uses macros there should be a lot of reclaim orders that are related to one object. When macros clicks 10+ times at same rock, player will do 2-3 clicks at max. But yes, with this mod detecting macros requires more efforts

Nice, cool mod!

The embodiment of depression...

Nice, cool Grimplex!

Grimplex is happy for real

good simple ui fixes like this are great!

good simple ui fixes like these are great indeed

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Installing right now, no more will I need to zoom in front of a rock in order to make sure I'm reclaiming it and not find out 5m later that my engie passed it.

FAF Website Developer

The last one is terrible in certain situations when you wanna snipe something (transports/bombers), the 2nd is the biggest indirect nerf to submergible units ever.

Then don't use it in that scenario dood

yes, im just warning the others, also it might be annoying and sometimes forgettable to keep toggling it until you get used to it mb

Yep. That's why I added special cursors for each mode. 2 for reclaim and 1 for hard move. Left mouse button also disables HardMove btw.

Also I forgot to mention in start post that TML order can also be tweaked so it's placed only on the ground. But there should be 2 versions of it for sure, because sometimes you just zooming out and casually clicking enemy mexes with tml and it's very handy when orders snap to mexes.

Anyway, if someone want to use it now as default, just change 14 line in this file 'Mods\RUI\hook\lua\ui\game\commandmode.lua' to:

local selectTolerance = {RULEUCC_Attack = true, RULEUCC_Nuke = true, RULEUCC_Tactical = true}

this is great, you're an absolute chad.

Messed around with this a bit in sandbox, very awesome mod!

i Flagged this mod coz it sounds too good to be true

all is good, but EasyReclaim broke my default reclaim button, i cant use it from keyboard, i saw hotkeys on the bar, but i cant use it from keyboards, if i use mouse all is ok. hoy to fix it? and when i deleted mod, hotkeys still in F1 panel.

@m00nshiner there is reclaim fix mod for those situations, use it once and it will fix reclaim order

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods