Need UI Mod? Let me know

@Resistance said in Need UI Mod? Let me know:

can we get an UI that disables chat and marks at the same time?

Probably y can just destroy chat window's handler + replace default chat-sound with null-sound, but this would be game mod like 'kyro's lobby' which would not be installable from vault.

@Resistance @techmind_

it would be easy to remove chat from showing up (all chat, or according to specific rules, like muting a list of players). The ChatBeep mod in the vault almost shows you how to do it.

ChatBeep always calls the underlying function and then adds a beep sound. You could modify it to put logic in to decide whether to call the underlying function. Logic like: if the name of the sender of the chat message equals "arma473", don't call it, otherwise, call it. If you don't call that underlying function, the chat message never shows up on your screen.

it's probably equally easy to remove "pings" from showing up, or at least to take their sound away. again, it could be done according to specific rules, or it could just be muting everyone's pings

Also an idea for mod 'select units with <25% hp(to fallback and ctrl-k), <50% hp'(to fallback beside healthy units), select veteran units with <25% hp (so they can heal a bit)', probably a best way for UI is to filter current selection like 'no fuel' does.

@Fearghal @ZLO @techmind_ I uploaded this mod to the vault. It is called "ChatBeepLite"

I uploaded it with @Uveso 's permission

I'm calling it a "lite" version of Uveso's ChatBeep mod, rather than overwriting the existing ChatBeep mod, because it does some things differently:

-A different noise (it's not really a beep, it's a chirping noise)
-It doesn't chirp for global messages because those usually aren't worth reading
-It won't chirp more than about once per second even if there are lots of messages
-It has different configuration options

I recommend this mod to EVERYBODY who has ever watched a replay of your own team game and noticed that you missed important chat messages during the game . . . if anyone tells you that they didn't notice a chat message, you can recommend this mod to them

Should set it up on special words like: smd, exp, nuke, tml, tmd, t3 bomber, bomber, acu

Is there some version of advanced strategic icons that only has only important changes? like SMD/SML/ACU maybe TML and no other weird stuff?

Edit: Tho not sure how much that helps. i have seen Paralon using penis icon for Nuke and it didn't help him to notice it https://youtu.be/PCE3H78CJQ4?t=5933

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

I would like such UI mod as well, I remember my game vs Petric in a tourney on Seton's where I couldn't see his Nuke because the t1 pgens around it hidden it.

@Tagada @Zlo

PM me and I’ll discuss the details its 100% possible and quite easy to do so. Its just rather convoluted

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

You can do it by yourself. Install advanced strategic icons and delete unused icons
Why it is better to do it by yourself?

• You can save the icons that needs only you
  • You can always restore another icons

Or you can do it another far easier way. And come a couple months even easier

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

???

And come a couple months even easier

Well maybe, there is a small chance anyways.

@Dragun101 said in Need UI Mod? Let me know:

come a couple months even easier

What does that mean?

People are looking into letting vault mods modify strategic icons by modifying tje init

???

People are looking into letting vault mods modify strategic icons by modifying tje init

???

The mod vault can't hold ui mods that modify icons in the game. There is work being done to let it do so. The solution to letting them do it is different from the way advanced strategic icons is currently built. So building on that foundation is going to be different than the more future-proof method he is talking about.

While it is not released yet, we can use the "old" solution... No?

Of course it is would be cool if there will be the release where we can modify textures like lua files via hook in mod folder

Well you can always use the old solution afaik; it just can't be put into the ui mod vault which means it's a PITA to go get and then update when needed.