Thanks for question,
I would like for everyone who registered for the RCIV and did NOT get drafted,
were forced to withdraw on Feb 24th, get chance to play in this tournament.
I already checked the ratings of the 4 players who withdrew last minute and none that I know of are currently over 1800,
the idea is to give players that registered for the RCIV an opportunity to play.
I can see a situation where someone who was passed over at 17-1800 in the RCIV,
(due to maps played, ie."gap player" or "unknown" Global rating player) and
have rating rise to mid/low 1800 and ...
then be disqualified for this tourney and
still Not get picked in the Next RCVI open.
These 'players' would fall thru cracks where, they are not strong enough to get picked in the Open RC's, but too high rated for this <1800 tourney.
So I would like to make exceptions for the 1 or 2 players who might be a "little" over 1800,
and have previously entered RCIII or IV.
Since you gave notice today at 1763 rating,
have been playing steady since RCIV,
I would say it's "fair" to allow you to play if you go over the 1800 rating cap.
Any players that register in high 1700's early, and goes over
1800 by end of draft or fixed date chart for captains,
will of course be the highest seeded captains and get later draft picks.
Now... If someone has improved 'so much' that they are considered much stronger than the other captains,
is also considered a shoe in to be picked for the next following RCVI open tourney,
to be held 6 months later, then
we can decide on an individual basis, to make that player wait till the next Open RC.
If you go up to the "1840ish" level, I would say you are good to play.