I am abandoning Aeon

@mazornoob The obsidian is the worst T2 tank because it's expensive, but also slow and has short range. The harbinger is also the worst T3 bot. It's the best against T1 units, but the worst against other T3 bots/Othuums. Sniper bots are not very good, generally, because their HP sucks ass and it's very easy to kill them with bombers are gunships, even just 2 T1 bombers will one-pass them. Trust me on this, I kill them all the time. The factions with the heavy bots - Percival and Brick - do not have this problem, and they do not require mobile shields and careful attention to manage. Also, because Aeon only has T2 mobile shield to protect the sniper - Seraphim at least has the T3 mobile shield - their land is therefore the worst at this stage. \

I like Aeon because of their good air.... but their land suks

@funkoff said in I am abandoning Aeon:

Trust me on this, I kill them all the time.

What a coincidence that saying "sniperbots suck cuz you can easily kill them" is completely wrong and I never ever saw you in any somewhat high rated lobby where ppl actually know how to use and protect sniperbots.
Also Cybran having no shields is literally the reason they autoloose against sniperbots.

Not even going to argue about the rest cuz what you said is just wrong on so many levels.

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

@sladow-noob You seem to be implying that "well higher rated players than you know how to use them properly, therefore they are not bad". That agrees with what I said: The sniper bots have a huge weakness that requires skill and attention to mitigate. The other bots don't have this.

damn I didn't know you need actual skill for a game like FAF! What's next, ACU being too weak cuz some random t2 bombers can just snipe it while pushing?
But fr, this game isn't balanced around the <1500 players who need autowin units in order to think a faction is good. And don't start the discussion with "Faf elite RUINING the game" cuz that convo can be found like 100 times on the forums and discord.

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

@sladow-noob You are very argumentative, lol. It is possible for all fourof the following things to be true: 1- Sniper bots are bad because they have very low HP and are very slow. 2- Aeon T3 land is bad because it depends on sniper bots. 3- There are ways to mitigate these weaknesses. 4- Sladow is very argumentative and likes to write angry posts online

Calling harbs the worst t3 bot is way worse than calling snipers weak lol

That agrees with what I said: The sniper bots have a huge weakness that requires skill and attention to mitigate. The other bots don't have this.

The skill is assisting a shield onto them.

A third of the mass of snipers will trivially kill anything less than a mega with 0 losses, no other land unit stationary or not can do the equivalent except maybe like t2 arty base vs fatboy. This sniper deathball also the one use case of a fatboy poggers

Saying “just make air bro” doesn’t do anything when the two sniper factions have the capacity to put infinite hp in a singular spot while also having the best t3 maa. You can’t kill a sniper deathball with t2 gunships because of shields and flak, leaving you with a mass of broadswords, a mass of strats, or a huge mass of t2 air. All of these will require surrendering or gaining an insanely huge air advantage (several of broadswords/strats) or dumping more mass into air/air production (10-15 corsairs/janus) which you will now need to play on against a potential harb/t3 maa swap while all your production is tied into air.

1- Sniper bots are very slow.

Aeon sniper is tied for 3rd fastest direct fire t3 unit after loya and titan (same speed as harb)

over 25% faster than percy

Fine, you're right, FAF is pretty well balanced. Even though snipers require lots of attention and apparently a certain critical mass, they are still perfectly serviceable units.

I was not suggesting that snipers need a buff. I just don't like them. I would rather have Percivals or loyalists instead of snipers in the aeon army.

I can't believe I just read someone saying Aeon t2 and t3 lands are the worst.

@snoog Go ahead. Tell me which other factions have worse T2 and or T3 land.

all of them, only arguable one is uef at t2

Cybran
Next question

@thecrimsonknight said in I am abandoning Aeon:

like I get it that you guys probably get a lot of crying from players but you didn't need to do him like that LOL

yeah they do, his post is completely nonsensical and untrue

@snoog Go ahead. Tell me which other factions have worse T2 and or T3 land.

t e c h 3

Harbingers beat titans and loyalists.
Snipers beat percivals and bricks. (EDIT: I just read you like counter sniper bots with T1 bombers, but that unfortunately is less likely to work against a competent player who actually uses mobile shields)

that's the entire t3 uef and cybran roster dealt with.
Harbingers are better than othuums, but sera has t3 mobile shields, but aeon has absolvers, so across the board we'll call that a tie.
Top 2.

t e c h 2

Blazes are probably the best hover tank. Cheap ( = not weak to OC), strong for its low cost, fast, good range
Hover flak is a very nice unit only two factions have access to
Hover shield; only 2 factions have a mobile shield, but the aeon one hovers
Obsidians completely annihilate every single t2 unit in the game, except for maybe ilshies, but those are OC food. Are obsidians OC food? No, aeon has mobile shields
#1 T2 stage.

Its mml might be the worst though so that's one point for you

@waffelznoob said in I am abandoning Aeon:

but sera has t3 mobile shields

Question, for their cost are the Sera t3 mobile shields really any better than asylums for how much they cost? Iirc it's like 2x the shield hp for 4x the cost or something like that. Especially for the use case of protecting snipers I feel like well managed asylums might actually be better with how cheap they are, but there are a lot of factors like splash damage over multiple weaker shields vs fewer stronger shields that I'm not sure about.

But yeah Aeon t2/t3 land is pretty inarguably either the best or second best among all the factions.

less shields = less overspill, you need vastly more e storage to instakill the sera shield compared to asylum

asylum is stupid and should have -75 e just as parashield but phim shield is also insanely fat for only costing -150 e

@waffelznoob said in I am abandoning Aeon:

Its mml might be the worst though so that's one point for you

Aeon MML has 2 hp on the missile, so it's the second best.
Cybran (super rapid fire splitting missiles) > Aeon (2 HP + high alpha dmg) > UEF (2 shot burst of 1 HP missiles) > Seraphim (rapid fire 1 HP missiles)
Arguably, aeon has the best MML if the cybran split missiles hit a shield before being shot at by TMD.

but that means aeon mml is worse against aeon tmd. 3rd place definitely!

@angelofd347h said in I am abandoning Aeon:

Lets look more realisitcally at our win rates since the last balance patch:

34557c48-a500-4c18-8a43-53bf59fa3127-image.png

Time to buff cybran and sera, nerf the UEF

I keep seeing these charts being screenshot, where does this come from?