Why would you have left FAF?

@FtXCommando There is literally a button enforce rating range so that people outside that range cannot join or even see your game. No bullying needed.
Untitled.png

Yeah but that isn't used by tons of dudes and it still doesn't address stuff about people changing their rating minimums depending on who is online. You're harming all of FAF because of dudes disliking high deviation players and kicking them in all welcome lobbies.

All Welcome = ALL Welcome, ALL, LOL

The Honorable Recall

There will be a post about TMM very soon. We are also working on adressing the greyness of the rating and trying to find the best implementation of allowing players to get some Global rating through playing TMM so that they don't get kicked from custom game lobbies. More info will come soon tm

@betelgeuse said in Why would you have left FAF?:

Stop shitting dual gap, it can be played in various ways. Just like chess, backgammon and other old style games. Same map , same set up, each time by different tactics... If you are smart enough to understand dual then go and f*** everyone, but of course you would not do that, just because you are not smart enough

You can go to McDonald's once a week, but if you eat it all the time. you will feel bad. Here is just such a case.

fiercelv said in Why would you have left FAF?:

Well, you asked.

1. Rampant, unpunished lagers. REHOST 24/7 Self explanatory.

2. Toxicity.
    2.3. Russian language in the mixed nationalities teams. LOL

Today on FAF:
Speaking Russian is toxicity.

Bilingual requirement for thee but not for me~

@biass
Умеешь писать по-русски? xD

Player from Russia writes to player from USA: дай инжа. Smart? USA player's reaction?

And, ofcourse, not all Russian players are like that, but those concrete cases form the negative attitude towards Russian players in general.

The Honorable Recall

there're always toxic and brilliant people all around,doesn't matter if he's russian or not lol and ofc you're gonna get a russian mark with 11/12 russian players,not sure why is it a problem and not sure why is speaking russian toxic?

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

He is right. But really, you can't do anything with that. Many russians now has very nationalists opinions and has near-zero tolerance to another languages, mix this with lack of education and you got what you have.
You can complain about it, but you cant fix it without completly ban russia.

Maybe instead of trying to get them to adjust to our values, you can try and dive into theirs. I'm sure the majority of all of us are just messing around but due to a language barrier and a preconception of a situation one can quickly draw the wrong conclusions.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip Hearthstone solved that with 6 standard messages, especially if it is just text it shouldn't be to hard to develop, write and mod in.

1. List the required messages. (Example: Prepare to attack soon, Scale up Eco & Tech, I take your lead, Follow my instructions, No / you idiot, Yes / good idea - to be accompanied with pings and general understanding)
  2. Get nationals to write it in every language.
  3. Mod in under hot menu

Tbh I might use this sometimes even without a language barrier...

I'm all in for such a feature - we just need to figure out what we want to type.

Sounds like something you have e.g. in Killing Floor games and maaany other FPS/Co-op type of games behind a button, opens up some communication menu with default messages categorized.

@valki said in Why would you have left FAF?:

@jip Hearthstone solved that with 6 standard messages, especially if it is just text it shouldn't be to hard to develop, write and mod in.

1. List the required messages. (Example: Prepare to attack soon, Scale up Eco & Tech, I take your lead, Follow my instructions, No / you idiot, Yes / good idea - to be accompanied with pings and general understanding)
  2. Get nationals to write it in every language.
  3. Mod in under hot menu

Tbh I might use this sometimes even without a language barrier...

Same shit in dota, chat-wheel has like 10 translated commands and its enought for a game. Somethling like attack/fallback/don't go here/look. Basically same as 3 existing pings but more different texts

If someone can open up a different topic and discuss what type of messages they'd like to have, then I'll think about a way to implement it intuitively.

@jip said in Why would you have left FAF?:

If someone can open up a different topic and discuss what type of messages they'd like to have, then I'll think about a way to implement it intuitively.

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/2738/overcome-language-barriers-with-a-chat-wheel-with-standard-messages

Ctrl+click on "small guy" icon on scoreboard asks for engi already. The same with asking power and mass. Shift+click gives unit, or in case of power/mass, gives 25%.

Most of on screen messages I have seen are easy to understand/universel: ACU, nuke, antinuke, mavor, tml, eco, yellow ping for assist, blue for move and red for attack... People use multiple pings for more precision: Blue ping on unit (group) you want to be moved, followed by blue ping in place you want it to be moved to.

Official FAF language is english. I am not native english speaker, but as most players I respect to use of english ingame. Even when there are players from my nationality ingame, I speak english. As almost all other players (ecxept russians somtimes). And I dont use my langauage to make worst teams for other nationalitys. Or to bully them. Or to insult them.

@wikingest said in Why would you have left FAF?:

Ctrl+click on "small guy" icon on scoreboard asks for engi already. The same with asking power and mass. Shift+click gives unit, or in case of power/mass, gives 25%.

I did not know that! This is so counter-intuitive, imagine a noob figuring this out on his own.

Other case, if information like this was added to the loading screen tips.

The Honorable Recall

@fiercelv I don't disagree, but if you happen to hover on the icons, it will tell you.

Inverted response... why I don't leave FAF now that Age of Empires 4 is out.

I like Age of Empires 4 more overall, the resource gathering is less punishing and seeing that I am behind or understanding why I lost is much more intuitive.

I'm still here though because:

1. We consider FAF suitable for young kids watching unlike AoE4 (melee combat, people dying), So between 0700 and 2000 FAF is only RTS I play.
  2. Ladder 1v1 game length is more reliable and shorter than AoE4. Also I can force an ending to the game without just throwing it with an all-in snipe.
  3. I can't leave before I can play 10 games in a row without ruining my own game through power stall or whatever...