Need UI Mod? Let me know

Maybe a mod that allows exps to be infinite built. Idk if its possible from an ui mod but if it is it would make huge eco games alot easier

@spikeynoob said in Need UI Mod? Let me know:

Maybe a mod that allows exps to be infinite built. Idk if its possible from an ui mod but if it is it would make huge eco games alot easier

In a factory build queue, you can left-click on the icon for a tank to tell the factory to make more tanks. Or right-click to reduce the number of tanks.

In an engineer's build queue, you can right-click on the icon for a structure to tell the engineer to make 1 less of that.

Would it be possible to allow you to left-click on the icon for a structure to tell the engineer to make MORE copies of the structure? This would only work for structures that get up and walk away when completed (like T3 sonar, experimentals, crab eggs)

Left-clicking on the icon for such a structure would tell the engineer to make more copies of the thing in the same place.

That's not exactly the same thing as an infinite queue, but if you queue up 100 czars on the same "footprint" with just 20 clicks that would be more efficient and not very different from being able to do an infinite queue.

Alternatively, a solution to your problem might be a SIM mod: make a new factory type called "experimental factory" that can build experimentals. For example, the factory might cost as much as 30 T3 engineers, and it would have as much build power as 30 t3 engineers and you'd need a t3 engineer to make it. That would be an easy way to allow players to queue up an infinite number of experimental units for construction for big eco games. So you wouldn't need to get into the weeds of making a UI mod.

Can you make a UI mod that adds the sheesh sound effect to chat like a chat taunt. Can you also make it audible to all players if they have the UI mod, similar to the emoticon mod.
Here is a sample sound https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgT6XABqS5Y

Suggestion:

A mod that shows the right numbers in the UI for mass/e:

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/1596/i-think-i-found-an-adjacency-bonus-bug-please-halp

Not sure getting to that. Been busier than I’ve expected too witj scta stuff

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

Надеюсь не проблема, что без перевода.
За HotKeyOrders огромная благодарность. Настроить сходу не сумел, было бы легче имея функционирующий пример - редактируя под себя по шаблону. Но думаю разберусь.

По предлагаемым модам:
Буду рад, если что-то из ниже перечисленного найдёт отклик.

~ ~ ~

• Выделив разные типы юнитов, последовательно переключиться до нужного:
    Типичная ситуация — выбрана солянка из множества: ACU + t1eng + t2eng + t3eng, в приоритет попадает ACU с ограниченным строительным набором → t1eng>t2eng>t3eng. Приходится вручную переключать вкладку на список юнитов и не перепутать иконку.
    Стандартная команда переключения классов air-land-naval — никуда не годится.
    ———————
    Продублирую:

@sir-prize said in Need UI Mod? Let me know:
a185727d-41b5-4b48-9eba-a436d8626866-image.png

• Клавиша быстрого переключение вертикальных вкладок для облегчения контроля:
    • строительство
    • список выбранных объектов
    • улучшения командира.
    ———————
  • Клавиша переключения вкладки тех. уровня в фабрике и у строителей:
    • 1/2/3/EXP последовательно и/или на нужный.
    ———————
  • Клавиши переключения режима overcharge:
  1. on/off
  2. on
  3. off
    ———————
  • Комбинация для "строго исключения" всех попавших в рамку выбора юнитов.
    • Условная комбинация: [shift+alt+select] - исключать из выбора всех попавших в рамку юнитов
    Стандартный shift работает на добавление, при хотя бы одном новом юните, а для исключения приходится последовательно прокликивать через: [ctrl+shift+click].
    ———————
  • Освободить клавиши [space], [delete], [insert] от управления камеры.
    ———————
  • Добавление альтернативных команд на действие, с функцией срабатывания по нажатию по нажатию клавиши, без кликов. Например на move, или reclaim, или attack, etc... Аналогично для shit+key комбинаций.
    ———————
  • Hotkey для выбора юнитов/фабрик из списка бездействующих по типу:
    select all/nearest idle: factory
    select all/nearest idle: t1faс/t1airfaс/t1navyfaс
    select all/nearest idle: t2faс/t2airfaс/t2navyfaс
    select all/nearest idle: t3faс/t3airfaс/t3navyfaс
    select all/nearest idle: gate

~ ~ ~

@wainan said in Need UI Mod? Let me know:
.. I'd love a mod that makes players on a team all have similar colours ..

Yes!

Non-Competitive UI mod ideas:

1. Mod to command units to fan out for reclaim or dispersing units under air attack.

2. Mod to build queueing fill a space (e.g. ALT-SHIFT-LEFTCLICK drag diagonal)

3. Mod for replays to show a strategic overlay estimate of the lines of each team or players troops, a strategic overlay used during REPLAYS when zoomed all the way out.

@dragun101 said in Need UI Mod? Let me know:

So in past few months, I have made when requested by friends made UI mods for them. You can see result of that on the vault (Idle Engi Hotkeys and HotKeys Keys. Also some additional target priorities for some people. Through sacrifice hotkey I made for myself).

And with HotKeys Keys. I decided when not working on SCTA I’ll be working on UI mods as requested. A few being on theory level right now. Through be note:

1. Will not make Cheat Mods, goes without saying but don’t request

2. I will do this in my free time. And do note I expect if you request something, as Farms can vouch (and Se7ven) expect semi-regular PM’s as I confirm everything works in intended. While I do extensive testing before I send it out sometimes users has other things intended I didn’t think about

3. Any Mod I make that isn’t meant to be an extenxsion or implied functionality like additional targeting priorities. I will be uploading to the vault.

My experience Code/UI side is mostly learn from UI side working on SCTA/Adding Basic Hotkeys.

If you want help. Please shoot me a PM on discord Dragun101. I’ll try and get requests finished within 48 hours but no promises.

I'm not requesting a cheat mod but I would like to know what you mean by a ui mod that enables the player to cheat??

easy dodge smd/tmd

When you click "launch tml/nuke button" you see circle around enemies tmd/smd which shows protect zone.And a line which starts from your tml/nuke ends where cursor is. When you cross tmd/smd cursor it is red othervise green

I hope i managed to explain the idea.People do same thing but in a longer way.Click a t3 engineer then mark the range of smd etc...

It will be easier now

Not necessarily a mod, but if anyone could point me in the right direction as to which LUA file controls the size of the F11 network stats console. not the connection/eject screen, but the console in upper right corner that shows Data/behind/etc.

its incredibly tiny on 1440 resolution, and the only lua file i find controls the eject window. I can edit it myself, if only i knew where to look. Or perhaps that console window is not editable by any lua file?

i've gotten just about everything else in my mods modified to scale correctly over the default 100 percent, but this is the last thing.

Suggestion:

A mod that disables hives by default so they do not assist automatically other stuff.

@Heatwave

The debug stats and network window are coded in the c-engine.
It's not LUA and you can't change it.

A mod that highlights in red when you've selected a T1/T2/T3 point defence to be built in it's range radius, if it won't be able to hit a T1 tank in that area .
If not possible, then instead a mod that higlights terrain height changes

I.e. the aim is to minimise the risks of placing a T2 point defence and then finding it can't hit units in its range because of terrain changes that aren't apparent when zoomed out

A mod that makes a second screen useful. I've tried playing with two screens, but I ended up only looking on the main one.

What could be useful is having some eco analyses on the second one. For example a list of where all the recourses are going.
Amount of t1, t2, t3 mexes. Whatever you think of 🙂

Check out my maps here:

Madness 1 - 10

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/480/h-master-s-maps

@h-master Check out "Supreme Economy" sir.

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...

@h-master The only useful thing I've found for the second screen is to treat it as a giant mini-map and I glance at it sometimes when I want to be aware of the map, like if I'm zoomed in to micro something, I might look at the second monitor. Maybe 0.1% of the time that I'm playing I'm looking at the second monitor.

One of the things web browsers used to have (maybe they still do) were "widgets." It was like a generic interface that anyone could use to make little things to put on the screen that would do stuff like tell you the weather or be a calculator. If someone made a "widget" interface for FAF, it would be easier to create little apps you could put onto a second monitor that could give the kind of info H-master is talking about.

The "UI-Party" mod I use has info about things like the number of mexes (not just T1, T2, T3, but the number that are upgrading or paused-upgrading). But it would be pretty cool if we could widgetize that information and then click and drag to move the "widgets" around. Then people could decide what info they wanted to have access to and where they wanted to put it on their screen. Or even multiple "tabs" and you could put different widgets on different tabs, so I could open an "energy management" thing that would give info about my energy use. Or something about mass utilization so I could see what % of my mass is going into land units, air units, navy, making economy buildings like pgens or upgrading mexes, loading TML/SML/SMD, etc.

Then people with potato PCs could REAAAALLY lag seton's even more effectively than they already do.

Would it be possible to create a UI mod that adds a hotkey to select only the fighters currently on screen? I don't see a way to do that currently, could be a nice little mod if it's possible.

@Exselsior you can make custom selection hotkeys yourself. Iirc you edit your game.prefs (make sure to backup first), and add your own selection under UserActions. There should be a modifier called +inview or +onscreen that you can append. I can look through my game prefs when I get home if you need more details.

@archsimkat nice thanks! I'll take a look at that