Weekly Discussion #5 - What's the ONE UI mod you can't live without?

We have this great thread that lays out some of the best UI mods. But if you had to disable all but one of your UI mods, which would it be?

I don't know how else I can emphasize one, we don't need a list of all 26 UI mods you use.

I'm gonna have to go with Roblox OOF ACU Death Sound

@archsimkat said in Weekly Discussion #5 - What's the ONE UI mod you can't live without?:

I'm gonna have to go with Roblox OOF ACU Death Sound

upvoted but upvote retracted because that's a sim mod. casual.

as for me, the idle engineers mod. clearly visible from whenever i inherit and almost completely neglect a dead teammate's base because the mod doesn't work on donated units, so i almost just don't notice their engineers and factories

profile picture credits to petric

additional camera stuff for the buildrange ring

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

Common Mod Tools, badumtss.

Jokes aside, hard to choose between Idle Engineers and Additional Camera Stuff.

Btw. some old version or unmodded version of the Idle Engineers mod had the sharing/donating issue.

Anime Pings, I can't even imagine going back.

The embodiment of depression...

Advanced strategic icons - mainly because of how it highlights nukes and TML (although at some point I should probably get around to checking out the other icon mods released more recently that promise to do the same thing)

SharedMouse

It really adds up the 'immersion' and is so awesome to see what my team is doing at the moment and where they pay attention.

It shines in close combat with several ACUs, it is really easy to shift all focus to the same target and just to be more strategical together.

Advanced Strategic Icons, can't play without having "aids" in my map

FAF Website Developer

Reclaim shown on screen mod

ACU highlight

SupCom Vanilla Music of course, the extra bit of nostalgia is key to improve moral 🎵

Serious choice : selection deprioritizer. I've been playing for so long with it that i can't go back. The most usefull part of it is to avoid selecting engis with military units, and planes with land units, but I also use it for some niche stuff like not selecting land scouts or mobile shields when it assists an aurora (pro secret aeon technique)

Bonus : when viewing a replay, Supreme Scoreboard is of course the N°1

Gotta be Additional camera stuff v3.3 ❤

very hard to decide, i once had all most disabled and it was mostly fine.

but i would mostly miss my "disperce move", not because it is super usefull but also because it feels satysfying for some reason.

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

@giebmasse said in Weekly Discussion #5 - What's the ONE UI mod you can't live without?:

Btw. some old version or unmodded version of the Idle Engineers mod had the sharing/donating issue.

which version do you use?
I was using version 1, tested version 2 but it has the same issue. It's fixed in Idle Engineers 3 but it's just inferior as it shows factories as idle during roll-off time, and engineers as idle when they're not actively doing something (like building or reclaiming) even when on the move.

profile picture credits to petric

@bulliednoob said in Weekly Discussion #5 - What's the ONE UI mod you can't live without?:

@giebmasse said in Weekly Discussion #5 - What's the ONE UI mod you can't live without?:

I was using version 1, tested version 2 but it has the same issue. It's fixed in Idle Engineers 3 but it's just inferior as it shows factories as idle during roll-off time, and engineers as idle when they're not actively doing something (like building or reclaiming) even when on the move.

Not sure, I recall modifying it myself to some degree, maybe that was part of it? The mod_info says version 3, with description: "Highlight working/Idle T1,T2,T3 Engineers and more on the main map with different overlay for each - improved by ZeRen and Giebmasse"

HotBuild Overhaul is one of them definitely, but I have too many mods to choose from (almost every mod is made by me)

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@ctrl-k creator simping his creature

NoShake !

But in truth, the mex overlay from EcoManager

@bulliednoob said in Weekly Discussion #5 - What's the ONE UI mod you can't live without?:

@bulliednoob Which version of IE3 do you have installed? Factories uses two coloring, idle is red, for roll-off it uses orange color.
Same applies for engys on the move and when assigned to assist to something but at the same time not doing anything.

Maybe it is bad color choice of mine, can be hard to distinguish?