Small suggestions topic

@deribus
Even a warning would be good for new players. I know it took me a long time to understand what the problem was and how to fix it.

Would really love it if you made an AI mode that behaved as intelligently as the AIX but without the cheating. It would seem that every time you remove the AIX's cheating capabilities, it loses its ability to perform as well, so a mode to surpass that would be awesome.

@maelstrom said in Small suggestions topic:

Would really love it if you made an AI mode that behaved as intelligently as the AIX but without the cheating. It would seem that every time you remove the AIX's cheating capabilities, it loses its ability to perform as well, so a mode to surpass that would be awesome.

Do you realize how hard and unimportant it is?

It is not unimportant - but it is quite difficult. Luckily there are several people with their own AI mods. I can recommend you those. An example is RNGAi.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Trying to make a more convenient list of suggestions, as this thread has grown enormous:

Being worked on/looked into:

Probably not possible

Feature already exists or was purposefully removed

Suggestion outside the scope of the thread

Rejected for other reasons

Miscellaneous

I would really like to be able to chose semi random facs in custom games.

Like ladder you can go for 2 of 4 facs or 3 of 4 randomly. Thqat in custom Please.

Took me a minute to realize fac = faction and not factory

So I use attack move from fact a lot for reclaim engineers. But they can not think when an enemy wall is in range and they can't decide if they want to reclaim it or shine a spotlight on it for 0.001 second. Is there a way to either get them to ignore the wall or actually reclaim them? (I think it does the same for enemy units if they are in the increased reclaim range)

Add ability to see version number of map before you launch the lobby.

Add ability to capture allied units.

I don't know how easy it would be, but a lobby or in game translator would be great

Separating numbers on HUD for easier read.

Yes it's a small change but but make it way easier to know how much what you are building cost
https://imgur.com/QmJ36VJ

Make fatboys float. Would certainly make them a lot more useful.

Add radar jamming capabilities to seraphim t3 radar. They are able to use it in the campaign why not in play? They are a underwhelming faction late game and could use some buffs.

Seraphim is probably the best late game faction in both 1v1 and teamgames...

I'd like to re-iterate that any balance related suggestion is ignored by default. As the original post describes: we have an entire forum section for that.

Hello.

Two other suggestions:

1. Provide an option to make units focus on reclaiming. For ACU for instance if you make them patrol, they will target other units instead of reclaiming (while if there is mass to take in emergency it is a bad move for them).
  2. Allow to make all engineers (or SACU) produced by a factory automatically assist some other thing when they will have been produced. I tried it many times and it doesn't seem to work to select a factory and put "assist" to some other thing. The engineers produced will not assist what they were supposed to.

I've thought a few times it would be useful to have a setting available for all factories to build at half speed. Let's say I have an air factory sending out scouts on repeat towards the enemy purely for intel reasons. I expect them to die fast but i need the intel. I'd be happy wasting less mass doing so and a build at half speed option would be useful. It could also be used when focusing mass elsewhere, eg when trying to rush a nuke you might want all your factories to reduce buildspeed but not stop building outright. Just a thought, curious if anyone else thinks it might be useful.

Interesting - it is possible. Any particular reason why it is only half speed? Take for example a slider where you can tell a structure (note: not a unit) to use a % of its build power. It feels a bit balance related in some sense, so I'd love to hear from the balance team about this idea too.

This is almost completely redundant since you can already achieve this by just pausing the things that you dont want to prioritize. This is actually more efficient as well cause building 1 thing 100% is way better than building 2 things at 50%

The scouting stream is pretty irrelevant as well since in 99% of the cases the 2 mass/s you save on your air fac is only a fraction of your income.