Small suggestions topic

@deletethis said in Small suggestions topic:

@spacewhales You can add an engi and then drag it to the start of the queue (this will cancel whatever you were building) or put it second, third, etc.

@jip shouldn't it be enabled by default?

That was before my time - there are quite a few mechanics that are turned off by default that were introduced in the past.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Great thread, thanks Jip for increasing the size of the map zoom icon.

To reward aggression and actually encouraging trying to kill the enemy acu, could each ACU kill that you get add (for example) 5 points to your rating at game end? Would be good to add some focus to the game. Would also ease the pain when you are in a losing team but got an ACU kill or two.

I've thought a few times that this game has other game modes that i'm sure many players are not aware of. Why not have a seperate tab for them to put some spotlight on them? Eg the waves of death (where you start the wave by running a scout into a building) or the mode where you have 16 acus spread all over the map or there.s a weird chess like one i cant think of the name of. All these fun modes might keep new players around, I mean the gameplay value you get with FAF compared to the cost (free!) is amazing!

@scout_more_often
This ruins the whole point of the current rating system. This ain't Halo deathmatch.

@scout_more_often said in Small suggestions topic:

To reward aggression and actually encouraging trying to kill the enemy acu, could each ACU kill that you get add (for example) 5 points to your rating at game end? Would be good to add some focus to the game. Would also ease the pain when you are in a losing team but got an ACU kill or two.

No, this has already been suggested and rejected. Secondly this is not a small change, thirdly rating changes are not handled by FA, they are done on the server side.

Darn, ah well, no harm in asking!

When you have 1 or more Gemini selected, right clicking on the stealth button turns stealth on/off for ALL Gemini.

And the same for Revenant.

Alternatively you could add buttons to the Cybran T3 air factories to turn on/off stealth for all Gemini and all Revenants. But I think it would be better to modify an existing button that's already on the planes.

I just tested, and RMB is the same as LMB.

@melanol said in Small suggestions topic:

I just tested, and RMB is the same as LMB.

I was making a suggestion about a feature to add to FAF. I wasn't trying to describe how the game works now. I will edit to make it clear.

Common chat for all folks in tmm ladder queues for authentic lobbysim experience

A move or attack move command, where you can give an order to attack a specific unit while moving.
Example: imagine you're attacking a fleeing commander with a bunch of t1 tanks, and that commander is protected by several of his tanks. You want to push forward with your tanks to cut him off, but if you do a attack command on commander, your units will go to their maximum range and shoot, and if you do a move command, your tanks will not focus on a commander, but shoot at everything within range. It would be awesome to be able to set a attack target without breaking the move command.

That’s what the old attack priority was for and it was considered to destroy game balance as a single mis micro of ACU would result in losing a third of your hp and drastically increased draw probability on many maps.

An option to not show any custom games that require you to use mods you hate. Like if I never wanted to play any games with Black Ops I wouldn't ever see them and therefore couldn't accidentally join one.

@ftxcommando Interesting, I guess it was a while back. Alright then!

@jip I know there are chat commands for this, but a rank total and quality number displayed for everyone in the lobby would be really helpful in settling discussions about balance.

Thanks!

better cpu test, allot of people play on low end laptops by 29 minutes its pure cancer to play.

@deribus said in Small suggestions topic:

I'd just give it the default structure selection sound, don't see a reason for it to have a special one

@deribus Totally agree + the same for Aeon EYE, which is even more important, as this building gets selected very often. There is no new information passed to the user when playing this special sound -- I just clicked on the building, I know exactly what building I am selecting.

@t_r_u_putin_ said in Small suggestions topic:

Show the total score of each team in the lobby. To make it easier to balance

And also how many games the team played in total.

I'm looking into the team statistics but the lobby is a bit out of space.

@jip Reduce the countdown timer for people who lost connection to 30 seconds, or at least have a mod that we can enable if we want to have a reduced countdown timer.

@jackosaur said in Small suggestions topic:

@jip Reduce the countdown timer for people who lost connection to 30 seconds, or at least have a mod that we can enable if we want to have a reduced countdown timer.

This is a lobby option since the last patch, see also this pull request on Github. The host will need to set this option.

b8632df6-1886-4f39-a980-5acfac24d3a5-image.png