Small suggestions topic

When you select an old replay to watch, if any UI mods are active, put up a dialog box asking the player if they want to turn off all UI mods for this replay. If the user chooses that, those UI mods will be re-enabled as soon as the replay ends. That way you don't have replays failing because of incompatible UI mods.

@jip This may already exist, but everyone asked didn't know, and if it doesn't exist it showed and from a programming perspective i think it should relatively easy.

A way to insert a build order at the beginning of the queue.

@quarterblack said in Small suggestions topic:

Ironically this is quite difficult as we have little to no access to the command queue of a unit. It appears the original developers (GPG) never finished that part of the programming interface.

@arma473 said in Small suggestions topic:

When you select an old replay to watch, if any UI mods are active, put up a dialog box asking the player if they want to turn off all UI mods for this replay. If the user chooses that, those UI mods will be re-enabled as soon as the replay ends. That way you don't have replays failing because of incompatible UI mods.

This is related to the client (and not the game itself) - therefore out of my hands. I also do not anticipate it to be a small feature.

@rlo said in Small suggestions topic:

When a player dies on full share and their based gets transferred to the highest score person on your team, could there be an option to accept or decilne their stuff and then it goes to the next person, or maybe a vote?

@arma473 said in Small suggestions topic:

It should even be possible to give the notification BEFORE the units go. As soon as the player dies, they stop being able to "gift" units/buildings.

I can work on a notification. Anything more complicated (being able to say no, for example) means two things:

• You get a pop up during your precious ASF fight
  • It is no longer a small change

@kdrafa91 said in Small suggestions topic:

Is it just me or 90% per cent of time GCs dont know how to use the gravity pulling arms?

I've never had any issues. The colossus needs to be close enough.

@tcop969 said in Small suggestions topic:

One of my biggest requests is to be able to see friendly Radar bubbles.

I am not sure if this is possible. I'll ask KionX who is familiar with the decompiled C code.

@giebmasse said in Small suggestions topic:

Remove the guesswork and witch-hunting of "who is lagging" by storing more persistent connection quality data of the players per game session.

I am afraid we only have access to the ping of a player. Everything else is merely printed directly on screen. We could keep a track of the players ping for the last minute, that may make it easier to detect spikes (min / max ping past minute).

Things I'll be taken into account:

• Printing the team scores to the chat (host only)
  • Chat notification when an ally receives units
  • The repeat build hotkey being off
  • Replace radar sound

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Add a button close to where player "x" which sends them a notification asking them to "x" when they are not ready (instead of having to go on the desktop, to tell them to x).

spread build - make it happen please

make some mods ranked, like the ones that fix some of the games lagging issues (hive animation for example)

@jip It would be nice if the notification that you will inherit stuff has a significant sound play so it won't be overlooked, which can happen to small text notifications. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just some kind of unique bell or buzzer noise that lets you know "hey, you're getting a base, wake up"

If it's only going to be text-based, a text-based notification that happens exactly when your teammate dies would be more useful than one that comes up 10 seconds later. If you have to wait like 10 seconds after the player dies to look for the notification, you're less likely to see it. You would have to remember to check your notifications a certain amount of time after the other player dies, which is not useful at all (because you might as well just remember to zoom out and see what happened to the dead player's base). If the notification happens immediately then "any time I see a player has died, I can immediately look for the notification to see whether I'm getting a base or not"

Here are my 2cents on several "small"? changes from a 1100 rating noob player:

• I understand there is strategy behind it, but please make upgrading a t2 mex->t3 the same cost as destroying the t2, reclaiming, and building a t3 mex.

• Maybe not "small" but if there's any way to fix the colossus beam targeting while moving that would be amazing. Many times I've seen people move a colossus into the enemy base but the beam turns 90 degrees and tries to fire at something behind itself. Often times it ends up attacking nothing except the ground. Yes you can stop the colossus from walking but then it eats unholy amount of damage and dies.

• If possible make engineering stations (hives & kennel drones) not assist anti-nuke's unless manually selected/assisted. If you build lots of hives nearby a factory or quantum gate without microing, most of the time the drones eventually end up assist building the anti-nuke and it becomes a waste.

• When going to reclaim/assist, is it possible to make it so we no longer need to put a move order at max range before reclaim order? Yes it would make the game more casual but I'm bad so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Is it possible to see a preview for the map generated maps? I would play more games with the map-gen if I could see what it looked like before downloading it.

• Also, this is almost 100% not a small change but more options for the map generator could be cool. Maybe the ability to select more than 1 "map style".
    Thanks!

@jip said in Small suggestions topic:

@quarterblack said in Small suggestions topic:

Ironically this is quite difficult as we have little to no access to the command queue of a unit. It appears the original developers (GPG) never finished that part of the programming interface.

I really like quarterblacks suggestion. Too bad it doesnt work. Is it also impossible to modify the queues of a factory? I think this might also be really a quality-of-life change. I regularly find myself cancelling the whole build queue just because i need another engineer and have no way (that i know of) of inserting the buildorder at the beginning of the queue.

Thank you for all the effort - it is greatly appreciated! Still having fun with my friends even after a decade!

Would it be possible to prevent anyone to spamm the pause button?

How about we turn on by default all the "proplayer features" in options?

Make global switches so that I don't have to manually activate each Cybran ASF's stealth after it is built, but make it global for every switch in the game, if it is possible.

And make a switch for harbingers so that they don't stop reclaiming or assisting while having an attack-move command.

I meant "once and for all", not like "select every unit of the type and flip the switch". Like with fiends' web in Warcraft 3: If you turn it off, all new fiends will have it off.

@melanol the hotkey for that already exists.

@melanol that is kinda weird tbh.

1. Encourage Players to host games in Opti balance games. Allow host to choose their starting position all other players are Opti balanced randomly. This will encourage more players to host games if they get to select their starting position.

2. To prevent players from quitting when they are on the losing team which spoils the game for everyone a good solution would be the last 2 or last commander standing in the losing team to have no loss of ranking points.

@melanol said in Small suggestions topic:

Make global switches so that I don't have to manually activate each Cybran ASF's stealth after it is built, but make it global for every switch in the game, if it is possible.

And make a switch for harbingers so that they don't stop reclaiming or assisting while having an attack-move command.

Suggestion: When you have 1 or more Gemini selected, right clicking on the stealth button turns stealth on/off for ALL Gemini you own. To avoid unstealthing all of your fighters by mistake, maybe if ANY gemini is uncloaked, right-clicking will turn cloak on for ALL of them.

Or you could have right click = turn on for all, shift right click = turn off for all.

And add the same thing for Revenant.

Alternative suggestion: you could add buttons to the Cybran T3 air factories to turn on/off stealth for all Gemini and all Revenants. But I think it would be better to modify an existing button that's already on the planes.

@heavenly said in Small suggestions topic:

To prevent players from quitting when they are on the losing team which spoils the game for everyone a good solution would be the last 2 or last commander standing in the losing team to have no loss of ranking points.

This would be horrible.

"If I hide my ACU, maybe I can die last"

"If I let my teammate die first, I won't lose any points"

"hey, he's hiding in the north pond, kill him before you kill me pls"

RTS players are always going to try to use every mechanic to get every advantage they can. They will try to abuse every mechanic in a game.

@arma473

The majority of players hide their commanders during game play in safer areas such as water or under heavy shields they all try to ensure their commander survives.
It won't change game play whether or not if this was introduced. A much better game experience to see a game fought to the end that encourages players to see through to the end game rather than commanders mass quitting in the losing team if it starts to get too hard.

1st raing is not sth to boost your ego, but to guarantee balanced games. dont even consider messing with it for any reason thats not rating related, since unintended longterm effects could be introduced that break rating completely in the long run (do you even know how trueskill works?).
2nd fighting untill the end isnt a great think in every case either. if 1 player just drags out a game for no reason he can waste the time of 4-6 players for no reason at all.
3rd what you say doesnt apply to every map, or slot on a map (over the time of the entire game!), dont assume the map you play -which, from what I see is mostly dual gap ................ - is the only one. the only thing your rule would do is artificially tanking the reating of airslots etc., making rating an even worse metric in generic teamgames (Where the host can chose his slot and the slot of every other paly in the game!)

Forumpros doing balance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTcguJZh3A .
When a canis player remembers to build more than 3 units https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hjp8xJHuyA .