Solving the problem of keeping noob allies alive and active

Just disable unit cap sharing in the lobby 🤷♂

@melanol If you're going to twist what I'm saying and put words in my mouth, we can't have a conversation bud.

"Design is an iterative process. The required number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

See all my projects:

@melanol said in Solving the problem of keeping noob allies alive and active:

@indexlibrorum Would you want to be that noob? "Hey, your rating is too low. Could you please gift your entire base to me and go suicide your com please? Appreciate". Way to expand the playerbase.

I genuinely rather be told to "go get them beast" while playing for example mid on setons than be relegated to sitting on some shitty 4 mex spot and being told to do nothing but make engies...

It's PVP RTS game, not an offline city builder...

@endranii said in Solving the problem of keeping noob allies alive and active:

It's PVP RTS game, not an offline city builder...

Thats news to me

Best way to learn is on the front line. Seton's mid is how I went from bad to less bad.

@melanol said in Solving the problem of keeping noob allies alive and active:

@exselsior You can expand with SACUs, but not infinitely, and with higher tier units costing a lot of supply, you would still want that noob in your team.

You missed everything I said. I said it would work for what you want but it will never be anything other than a mod, but you can get close(ish) with game settings without mods.

I'd feel much better dying and letting competent players take control than knowing I'm reluctantly being kept alive for the additional unit cap, even though I'm losing the game for my team. Plus unit cap is not a fun game mechanic.

I'm the type of person who feels bad about inconveniencing others and would never play team games where I'm lower rated than the rest of the team. Unless you are playing with friends, or a group of players that like to help new people, you should expect to be treated as a nuisance. It's really nothing specific to FAF, it's just how the world works. If you frequently choose to be the odd man out, and are unhappy with being treated like the odd man out, then that's on you. I don't really care about catering to such people and trying keeping them around.

You can always develop your skills in 1v1 or just play with similarly rated players.

You should join our mapgen games some time soon tommy, we're mostly all pretty casual and welcoming so you wont need to feel this way 😞

Weak allies are not worth keeping alive.

It's better to let them die, and let a more skilful player take command of their resources and territory.

as a 1200 im happy to be a 2k's minion, this way i learn at least something. and i already accomplished my goals if i can buy time for our team on front and waste higher rated players apm:P