Co-op Feedback

Soo I just played the first new uef mission Prothyon 16

Thought I try playing a chilled game on my own while theres not many people on but Damn you guys like sh***ing on the players.

Im 1500 rating just reference so not the best but not trash either, damn this mission was fustrating, you play from the very beginning with no tech and very little eco like 3 mexes whilst being bombed and attacked constantly, the first time i tried i was dead in like 10 mins to the constant t1 bombers on hard mode, then i tried again on easy.

removing all the tech from the game is like saying lets take all the fun out of the game.

anyway i spend about 30 mins clearing out the first island then after the cutscene you get dumped on by the scenario with some serious drops that kill almost everything you just spend the last 30 mins building, like damn thats a kick in the balls, and i just gave up after that absolute kill joy.

with only 29 people who bothered to complete that mission with one guy spending 13 hours punishing himself.

dont get me wrong it could have been really good the voice overs by gyle made it interesting and it was well set up but damn, when you think you've made progress then you get slapped in the face by an ai that is in god mode. aswell as before you even have a reason to make navy you already getting hit by t2 navy. there should be a warning on this mission like only for real try hards or 2k plus.

are they all like that or are there any chilled ones?

TML is a meme

Best place to give coop feedback is on the coop Discord server: https://discord.gg/ayzAVr9JUV
That said Prothyon-16 is an old mission and I don't expect any non-critical changes to be made to it.

Yes, most (maybe all, can't think of any that don't) custom campaign missions restrict tech and come with large assaults upon every map expansion. It's unlikely that anyone, even 2k+ rated players will complete it first try because they won't know what to expect.

with only 29 people who bothered to complete that mission

This isn't true. Leaderboards have always been a little shaky on working properly, and even when they do they get reset every now and then. I don't know when the last reset was. I'm 1500 and I've done Prothyon-16 a few times solo and some more times with newbies taking up eco which is arguably even harder.

there should be a warning on this mission like only for real try hards or 2k plus.

That warning might as well be on all the custom missions. No, none of them are chill. I'm frankly amused you have this question from playing Prothyon-16 because that's probably the easiest one. You can always lower the difficulty if you want a chiller game.

@caliber said in Co-op Feedback:

The default difficulty is hard. You can adjust that to medium or easy in the lobby settings.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@Caliber Those are all valid points, it's not the best mission design wise, the thing I had in mind and what actually happened to be the mission does slightly vary.
It's way longer than its suppose to be, with too many mixed ideas is in (or good ideas with not so good execution).
Prothyon was my first mission made and also my first coding experience, so some jank is to be expected. My later missions are more overall balanced for sure.

Yes, these missions are hard.
I'd recommend playing offline so you can save & load and also pause.

But bottom line, if you are hating it, no reason to harm yourself, play something else.

Deribus and Jip, he already said he lowered the difficulty to easy.

@deletethis said in Co-op Feedback:

Deribus and Jip, he already said he lowered the difficulty to easy.

I missed that in the wall of text 🙂 , my mistake!

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I too blame Jip

Some of these missions are supposed to be played with other people toi

@deletethis I don't know that the missions can also be played offline. Thanks for the info. This makes certain tests easier.

@saver said in Co-op Feedback:

@deletethis I don't know that the missions can also be played offline. Thanks for the info. This makes certain tests easier.

I cry everytime

I wish the FAQ section could be highlighted more somehow