Best posts made by speed2
Have no fear speed is here!
this thread is meant to give you an overview of what is going on regarding the next game development/bugfix patch.
I will tag all Pull Requests for this patch with the 3718 milestones so you can easily filter and find them here.
The following changes are currently merged into the deploy/fafdevelop branch and thus available for public testing via the FAF client by playing the FAF Develop game mode:
- Improve BaseManager unit upgrades #3170 Coop related. Better options for AI to automatically upgrade ACU/sACU during the missions.
- Quantum optics facility fix #3174 Fix for broken vision entities that were not giving any vision (sera scout, uef arty, Coop missions, Rainmakers, etc...).
- Allow sending resources only to allies #3180 Fixed bug where you could send resources to your enemies.
- increase performance of table.empty and math.round #3184 Optimizing some Lua functions for better speed.
- Add option to hide resource markers on preview #3187 Support to hide resource markers from the lobby map preview, mostly for generated maps.
- UI Scaling fixes and improvements #3190 Fixes for UI scaling for various UI elements. Also fix for console missing a background.
- Reduce GetBlueprint() calls in weapons #3193 Refactor of weapons code for more speed2 (hehe).
- Remove useless GetBlueprint call #3195 Tiny code cleanup. Nothing interesting, but every bit helps.
- Improve build effects logic #3194 Code that handles UEF build effects was speed up. Also slightly changed behaviour when picking the build effects. Now the laser that goes at the edge of the build cube is properly shown only if the build cube exist. Before you would get it for any structure, even for other factions, or when assisting factories to build units, which looked weird.
- Simplify Sera effect flash at finished structure #3196 Code improvement for an old fix. The fix was for Sera structure build effect, at the very end, there's a flash that could be seen by enemy. While fixing this, Ive noticed there might be even more of these light flashes that can be seen by the enemy even without the vision. For example, when a unit is reclaimed, you can see the flash at the end of the reclaim effect even if you don't have a vision on that place. If someone feels adventurous, feel free to make a list of all these effects that should be fixed. (Since the fix is very simple.)
- Speed up Aeon shields death animation #3197 As title says, Aeon shield now turns into wreckage +- as the other factions, so you can start rebuilding it faster.
- Remove set up of build effect from TShield #3198 Just a small code improvement.
- Add link to the patchnotes to the changelog popup #3210 Changelog popup now has a button that links to the balance patchnotes that have some better description of why balance change XY happened and is good for you.
- Weather in Supreme Commander #3175 Huge code improvement for the weather effects. More info on how to use them on your map here.
- Fix for Sorian AI to be able to use support factories (#3173) It's in the title.
- Fixed unit cap displaying in coop #3213 Unit count is again displayed in coop as well.
Please test these changes by playing FAF Develop featured mod and report any bugs you find.
This post will be updated whenever new changes are merged and thus available for testing in the FAF Develop game patch.
If anyone is interested in testing PRs that are not yet merged then you can do so by following this guide.
200% original icons https://mega.nz/file/lpAylBYJ#ULXA5vs4GYtpapADBWOd6lkDOTl68IUpZTjEyhLVu4c
dont get fooled by the name, it's just so the game loads it, since ASI is whitelisted
Place it here C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata
Some icons might be missing
Latest posts made by speed2
Good points, the client could definitely use some love.
There's also this coop update with mission briefings that's been waiting to be fully released for over an year now.
As with the cheated times in leaderboards, while some things can be fixed, ppl will always find a way to cheat, so as with any speedrunning leaderboards, cheaters would have to be banned from them.
Downvoting is toxic now? Are there that many snowflakes who wouldnt handle having their post downvoted by someone, so we must protect them?
If we have upvotes, I dont see a single reason why we shouldnt have downvotes as well. It serves the same purpose, quickly showing how many ppl agree or disagree with your post.
Replies are for everything else.
Its caused by the changed veterancy system in the game patch
warning: Error running lua script: ...faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\defaultcomponents.lua(612): attempt to perform arithmetic on local `experience' (a nil value)
...faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\defaultcomponents.lua(612): in function `AddVetExperience'
...faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\defaultcomponents.lua(694): in function `SetVeterancy'
...rever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\scenarioutilities.lua(1208): in function `CreateArmyGroupAsPlatoonVeteran'
...ce\maps\x1ca_coop_001.v0028\x1ca_coop_001_script.lua(1991): in function `M3CounterAttack'
...ce\maps\x1ca_coop_001.v0028\x1ca_coop_001_script.lua(1548): in function <...ce\maps\x1ca_coop_001.v0028\x1ca_coop_001_script.lua:1465>
states are listed at the top of the file