Mercy Change - Not ready yet

@xiaomao said in Mercy Change - Not ready yet:

You are missing the point. Mercy is a missile supposed to deal damage. So you are always expecting it to deal the same amount of damage no matter what it hits.

You missed mine; I was referring to OC: a unique weapon supposed to deal damage but for good reasons nerfed in specific usecases.

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

Well, mb then. The post seemed rather sarcastic.

Where were all these snipe unit defenders when beetles were nerfed to what they are now

@mazornoob I wasn't there when it was nerved, but I'd probably have argued against the nerfs.

Units being nerfed into the ground to the point that they are not used anymore is an indication of poor balancing.

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

@spikeynoob the shield but is the same for the t2 ary and has been there for years

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

People should learn the difference between nerfed and rebalanced

I'm still waiting for people to realize that beetles are actually great and start using them.

@FtXCommando @SpikeyNoob @Xiaomao

Hearken, noble warriors and valorous souls! Amidst the tumultuous clash and resounding chaos, we, the stalwart defenders of this realm, doth graciously announce our surrender. Behold, for the battle was waged with unyielding fervor, and though our strength may have waned, we bow not in shame, but in the recognition of our worthy adversaries.

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

Hard to do since theyre bugged since a year ago

Rare image of the loyalist charge ability on the battlefield. Are you ready to face the cybran threat?
editor.png

I like the idea of the initial impact of the new Mercy to have a very short stun, then the AoE doing it's thing. The fact the new Mercy has more HP alone will make it more functional. The Aeon getting an air-based AoE solution is interesting too.

I do wonder if it will be effective enough, or too much. With all suicide weapons, is the cost/time of building it going to be worth the hassle. It only does its trick once.

Make the mercy able to target air units too

@veteranashe Lingering flak AOE. Now that's cool.

@veteranashe said in Mercy Change - Not ready yet:

Make the mercy able to target air units too

Now that would be cool - especially against swarms of ASF.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@SpikeyNoob I like that the visual effect of the "projectile" has been changed back to the original one. Would it be possible to make the fog bluish as well? So that it matches the color of the projectile?

I guess it will look quite good together.

@strife said in Mercy Change - Not ready yet:

@SpikeyNoob I like that the visual effect of the "projectile" has been changed back to the original one. Would it be possible to make the fog bluish as well? So that it matches the color of the projectile?

I guess it will look quite good together.

Or, perhaps, changing the color of the projectile to be green like the fog?