No Veterancy Coalition

Here, the members of the No Veterancy Coalition constantly nod to each other while stating how veterancy is bad for games like this and totally ignore all these "veterancy is skill" players.

I will start.

• Veterancy HP increase is too hard to remember and it screws up fights by seemingly randomly healing units. And, because you never see the veterancy of your enemy's units, you never know if a unit survives a close call.
  • It ruins immersion and adds unnecessary computation. Ever saw a robot getting a promotion by instantly increasing its HP for killing other robots?

Everyone nods and claps.

Yeah, remove veterancy from the game please. And remove fuel too.

Vet already got nerfed long ago. It also got based on mass value killed instead of # of units killed.

You can see what the max hp of enemy unit is and you can see what it kills.

This post is deleted!

Veterancy was added to the game in order to discourage people from spamming t1 units

It has no proper purpose now

Remove all veterancy bonuses for all units except ACU please. And remove ACU hp gain for veterancy. ACU should get additional max hp but it's current HP value should stay the same. For an ACU that is in a fight, it would only get a little bit more regen rate. So getting a level of veterancy wouldn't completely change a fight situation.

just remove gun upgrade from acus while ur at it

Veterancy adds greater depth and makes games more interesting. There have been plenty of entertaining moments both in games and watching casts where for example an ACU is about to die and gets a sudden rank of veterancy allowing it to just escape a kill. It also gives a spotlight to units that have a massive effect for their cost (e.g. units that reach 5 stars).

However Ive no issue with allowing a unit's mass kills and veterancy progress being visible to all players (if it was possible)

Vet for t1-2 units is awesome and let's you see hero tanks.

Lore wise it doesn't make sense

Leave it in. Serves a purpose.
Fuel too. All gucci

I've never had veterancy matter much except for commanders and experimentals, SACUs to an extent. I also like that air does better with support fields, it makes air play a little more complex.

If you do remove veterancy then please add a healing building that will heal my land and naval units. We should be rewarded for trying to keep units alive on 1 hp.

At least we have won this battle in Sanctuary. Everyone claps

@accidental_aeon said in No Veterancy Coalition:

If you do remove veterancy then please add a healing building that will heal my land and naval units. We should be rewarded for trying to keep units alive on 1 hp.

Repairing probably should be cost half, like in any other game

I don't see how doubling repair costs from the current 25% would help anything.

@deribus Wait, when did it become 25%? There is a point in repairing now? 😮

It's really hard to follow patches.

@melanol

It's really hard to follow patches.

My man casually admitting "yea uh reading is actually a lot of effort, y'know". 😛

@melanol said in No Veterancy Coalition:

At least we have won this battle in Sanctuary. Everyone claps

This is great, because now we can refer people to that game if they insist on removing veterancy here 😄

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

@deribus isn't repair only 25% discount now?
So it costs 75%

https://patchnotes.faforever.com/balance/3709.html

Ok, it's from 2019, but yeah. Would be G̶R̶E̶A̶TOP if it was 25% of the cost, but it's a 25% discount instead.

Deribus Old Man Memory confirmed (also, shame on you, too lazy to go check before posting! Unacceptable!!).

But having repair too good is bad anyway, since it'll only be worth it to repair buildings since you probably won't have the amount of engies in place to repair your front line units and they can't do anything useful while being repaired.

So repair is mostly a defensive tool and promoting turtling too much is bad if you want something to happen in your game instead of two sim city games next to each other.

Vet is bascially like repair, but promotes aggression and sudden vets also lead to more interesting moments.