Ice is a failure

I have always had a good connection. Now I cannot play a game. Is it just me? Or does this need to be rolled back? Asking for a friend. 🙂

Just for your post I consider bringing back the feature to downvote posts.
ICE is not a failure. If you had a good connection before, than you weren't part of the 1/3 of the FAF community that didn't.
And reconnecting to games after internet loss is a savior.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

Ice just saved 2 games I was in today. I guess it works just fine and should stay period. lol.

But honestly, how can you even pinpoint it to being ICE without showing proof that that's the problem that makes you unable to play the game? Cuz it's seems like you just made a shitpost and bailed out trying to leave some minor damage in your wake.

Mucko is a failure.

ICE has been amazing. Multiplayer is way more stable than a couple of years ago.

Check out my maps here:

Madness 1 - 10

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/480/h-master-s-maps

My car doesn't work, better call the plumber and rant at him.
(If you give us details someone might actually try to help you)

I think ICE is the single greatest improvement of the game after support factory implementation

Hey man relax all. I wanted to play a game on a Sunday before a shit day on Monday at work. Every time I joined a game there were a ton of people who could not join who just sat in limbo stalling everyone. After an hour of people not X'ing up and losing connection I asked just what the hell is going on today? Someone said Ice was just rolled out and it is supposed to make games more stable. If I had time to weed out the bad connections maybe it would. So I thought I would say something about my experience is all. Ohh and FemtoZetta your avatar is a failure.

ICE was "just rolled out" a year and a half ago. And it did make games more stable. By all metrics.

@FtXCommando Well thats what I get for not paying attention and commenting on info from someone else who was paying less attention.

The reason you had some instability in your games is more likely to be a result of this:
https://forum.faforever.com/topic/522/unexpected-chain-of-events-how-a-users-cpu-load-issue-paralysed-the-server

Mucko said in Ice is a failure:

Ohh and FemtoZetta your avatar is a failure.

xDDDDD aNiMe bAd xDDDDDDDD

stfu

Hallo Femto

Wasn't there an issue with austalians/ East asia people having a harder time connecting to each other directly due to ICE and then going over the relay server in europe? but that problem should be resolved by the relayserver in Asia that got set up a couple of months ago.

Do you even remember the time before ICE?

Soon™️

ice is brilliant,it's just the epic new guys that haven't played 9/10 dced games in 2018 i suppose

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

I am saddened that anyone would think ICE was anything but one of the best things for the game.

@FtXCommando That makes the most sense. That is exactly what was happening. Thanks for the info.

@FemtoZetta Go skip some rope with your dolls.

Closing this due to shitposting.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice