I have awakened from my slumber
Anyway, hydrocarbon power plants are critical for early game build orders, but pretty quickly become irrelevant. So I was thinking of some ways to make hydros more interesting later in the game without making them any more powerful in early game build orders.
Ideas I've had have all focused on adjacency.
- Massively increase e storage power output bonus.
- Gives an additional option for e storage placement. However this runs the risk of making it easier for your opponent to snipe your e storage since they know where it is, as well as doing damage to the hydro and anything else around it.
- A small range boost to T1 and T2 radar.
- Gives an advantage to holding forward hydrocarbons, as well as the risk/reward mentioned above with e storage
- Stat boost to shield generators
- Could be radius, regen speed, or recharge time, or an hp buff if we're feeling spicy