Sometimes a small change can make a difference. And sometimes that change doesn't take too long to implement. I hope to use this topic to provide the community a channel to make suggestions to change the game at some places, but only a tiny bit. Three examples:
- This topic about changing the functionality of the button that enlarges the map
- This topic about changing the ringing feature
- This discussion about adding a drag-move feature
Note that the latter two are considered big small changes, they're quite involved. But I think they were and will be worth it. And they originate from community interaction.
There are some guidelines:
- No bugs, you can report this on Github or on the FAF Discord and in particular in the #game-bug-reporting channel.
- No balance changes, there is a separate forum section for that.
- If a feature suggestion is considered to be too involved then there is no point in arguing unless you can show me that this is not the case. Showing here means that you make an implementation. An example is how the drag feature will be part of the game: I thought it would be tricky to do right but someone shown me with an implementation that it is possible in a reasonable fashion.
Note that there is a difference between the client and the game. The client is what you download from our website. The game is what you download from Steam (and then patch through the client). This topic is primarily about the game. Suggestions on the client are welcome too - but I do not work on that myself and I can't guarantee you a proper response.
I hope to see some of your small suggestions as part of the next release, set for February.