@deribus I actually tried setting the Fervor to direct fire. It's Insanely OP.
Otherwise, ignoring the rules I have ideas for navy
- Torpedoes are universally ammunition style weapons, having a use or autouse toggle like overcharge. Torpedoes now do tons of damage, no homing, and have a cool splash effect when they hit something.
- Subs now have a silent/deep running modes and auto stealth when not moving (like selen auto cloak, but no power draw). Silent running mode cuts movement speed, but preserves sealth. Cyb moves fastest. UEF have low hp and huge deck gun damage (surface and attack ambush style). T1 subs retain late game usefulness by being able to reclaim seafloor mass.
- Ships can 'repair mode' or disable drive and weapons to regen faster. Or 'mothball' state that generates a tiny amount of mass and power.
- "Fleet Tender" class ships with regen or repair bonuses. Can also assist torpedo production. Perhaps cybran is submersible?
- Larger ships are broken down and modularized like ACU/sACU. Example-battleships, with gun enhancement, shields, speed upgrades, HP upgrades.
- Aircraft carriers made to actually carry aircraft. Their three module slots each have an aircraft type that can be selected. ASF, Bomb, Torp. Building it generates a squad of drones that dock at the ship, and go out and attack targets in it's radar range.
- Aeon Frigate increased in effectiveness. Easily beats any other frigate. Barely loses 2v1. Cost/build adjusted to compensate.
- Cybran corvette exists and given kamikaze 'ram' ability.
- Naval veterancy increases range slightly, as to assure higher vet ships get the first shot advantage (seems like something a better trained crew would be able to do)
- Homeworld games imported in their entirety. Vagyr and Higarian campaigns set in space. Entire engine overhauled.
- Execs at Sqweenix assassinated with orbital laser. SC IP purchased by nonprofit FAF association. Supcom 3 confirmed.
- Supcom now an olympic sport.