Legacy client not working

Not even sure it's called the legacy client but I'm pretty sure it is. Was working just fine and about a week ago I tried using it and it won't load anything, shows all players that are on but everybody is grey and no games show up. Does the legacy client not work anymore?

I tried using downlords client but it's just god awful, is there anything else?

An update to the server broke compatibility with the legacy client. Downlord's client is the supported version of the client.

@Sheikah well, good to know it's not just me, do they plan to fix the issue or is downlords the only one that's going to be supported now?

Java client has been the only supported client for several years now. Python client surviving until now was a happy accident. No one will be working on it.

There was a pull request done fixing the issue breaking it, it has just not been released.

There is nobody left to release it I guess. Last one was Strogo, haven't seen him in a while.

@Brutus5000 , oh dear, please bring back faf-legacy-updater, I just finished to fix problems with this client so I could use it again (and even with build problems on my machine, so I could share it with others who really (like me) enjoying it), and now I got server update 18 hours ago. This is ridiculous, don't kill me

Just use the new client?

@Gatsik it the legacy updater is a security risk

I ran a vulnerability scan of the Docker image yesterday and it has over 1.100 (!!) known vulnerabilities, so no I will not bring it back.

OK, understood, I just got disappointed that I haven't managed to play a single game after my incredible (as I'm dumb af) efforts. Hope it is possible to find a workaround with what's left.

It's more likely to find some body that fixes your issues with the Java client (given you can describe them in a meaningful way).

The features the python client would need to work exist for 4 years now. Nobody bothered so far to implement them.