Make the "Draw Bug" a Bannable Offense

@tex said in Make the "Draw Bug" a Bannable Offense:

Does anyone else remember 'Lame'? I fear to think how highly rated that man would have gotten with drawbug and shift G.

But like actually though, I really don't see this as that much of a problem. It sucks sometimes, but at the end of the day your rating will go back to baseline. Swkoll and I used to offer each other draws if we wanted to be nice, I offered a draw to espi one and he told me to pound salt so I went back to control k'ing if I needed to. I think the situation is too ambiguous to need to start looking at bans or warnings. Everyone knows how sometimes you go for a push and it doesnt work out, and your only chance is to take a draw or lose. I have yet to see anyone really try and abuse the system since "Lame' did this back in 2012-2013.

Also, I thought this got fixed a few days/week ago? The last two games I lost to control K, it counted it as an actual draw?

No, dude just check some replays lol. Where did you see the update that fixed this?

For the first two or three years of me playing ladder on FAF, draws always counted as draws and my games always actually counted for rating. Why is it now impossible for these two things to be true at the same time? Just see how the code worked before and do it that way again, maybe it needs to be a special case for ladder1v1 games to avoid the bugs with team games.

I do not think people should be punished in any way for the server interpreting the results of their game wrong. I also don't think moderators should be given more work for some stupid bug that was invented. Everyone should either get used to the bug or get motivated enough to fix it. If we live in a universe where it is impossible to determine who won a 1v1 game even after 14 years of development work, then just embrace the absurdity and hopelessness of the situation and laugh.

The last two games I played that had a control K draw scenario were rated for me as normal draws, so that's why I thought it got fixed.

This just sound like a lot of noise for a stupid bug wich issues fix itself by playing more. Fixing the bug should be the unique solution as reviewing replays, sending warnings and applying bans takes time that could be used elsewhere.

I think drawing a game is fine, if you are lesser rated you should gain points for the draw as you had a lower chance to win (as seen by the bot).

Salvaging a lost game by a draw still requires planning and execution and shows that the opponent wasnt properly defending their acu.

Calling it a bug is misleading as in my view a shortstacking player securing a draw should gain some rating.

The bug is that a draw counts as a win not that a draw happens. It’s a bug on how the client reports game results to the server.

Has this "draw bug" been fixed?

Game #15535906 - it appears to be ranked as a win (I gained 15 rating, my opponent lost 13 rating)

I wasn't trying to exploit the draw bug. I thought they fixed it.

Nope it hasn’t

the fix got reverted, because it made more games unrated

This whole idea is idiotic.
The fact that you get punished for making a tactically good decision in a strategy game is stupid.
If your opponent over reaches and therefore dies tough luck.

Ras Boi's save lives.

@noonecares said in Make the "Draw Bug" a Bannable Offense:

The fact that you get punished for making a tactically good decision in a strategy game is stupid.

see

@ftxcommando said in Make the "Draw Bug" a Bannable Offense:

The bug is that a draw counts as a win not that a draw happens. It’s a bug on how the client reports game results to the server.

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

@keyser said in Make the "Draw Bug" a Bannable Offense:

the fix got reverted, because it made more games unrated

Well there wasn’t really a fix. The “fix” was to revert the fixes for the games being unrated, therefore making them unrated again 😅.

We're way past the idea of punishing people. I argued against it when it was first proposed. Now the plan is just to fix the bug. It's just hard to fix bugs sometimes. You try to fix something and 5 new problems come up.

@arma473 said in Make the "Draw Bug" a Bannable Offense:

We're way past the idea of punishing people. I argued against it when it was first proposed. Now the plan is just to fix the bug. It's just hard to fix bugs sometimes. You try to fix something and 5 new problems come up.

That is not exactly true: if someone knowingly does it you can have it reviewed; if someone does it add does not realize one should not be punished.

I think this is not something that can be moderated. Instead, we just need to find a reliable fix. Sadly, it is a very time consuming to debug.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip said in Make the "Draw Bug" a Bannable Offense:

I think this is not something that can be moderated. Instead, we just need to find a reliable fix. Sadly, it is a very time consuming to debug.

It’s already been decided. This thread is over six months old.

There is nothing in the FAF rules that disallows you from ctrl+k'ing on people.

@ftxcommando said in Make the "Draw Bug" a Bannable Offense:

There is nothing in the FAF rules that disallows you from ctrl+k'ing on people.

See above, read the whole thread.

I see Swkoll saying he would theoretically handle reports and Tex and Resistance saying it shouldn't be bannable. I also see no real arguments for how a ban on it would be enforced but a lot of arguments about why it's just a recipe for issues.

You’re missing some key points, but the regardless it’s a heavily frowned upon act to use intentionally.