Hello and welcome to the Supreme Computer Cup! Ever wondered how the various AIs of FAF compare? Well I have, and I'm hosting this tournament to get to the bottom of it. This is a 1v1 round robin BO1 tournament between AIs and AIs and AIs and Players. Every AI will play every player and every other AI on classic FAF maps. AIs will be given 1 point for a win and .5 points for a draw. The AI with the most points wins.
The number of players for this tournament is uncapped and I am especially interested in lower ranked players participating. If you are 0-1000 rating, please sign up by posting below. Players above this rating are welcome to sign up as well.
I am also hoping to get a number of AI devs interested and perhaps some new people interested in AI development. I have linked some resources to help new AI devs get started below. The hope with posting this tournament well in advance of its start date will give new AI devs enough time to create a viable AI. AI devs please sign up with the name of your AI below.
All players that finish the tournament will receive the Tournament Participant avatar and the winning AI dev will receive a eternal glory and new avatar:
Date: June 26th
Time: 15:00 UTC
Chat: /join #computercup
Tournament Director: Swkoll
AI Development Resources:
- Games are limited to 45 minutes long. Games that go over 45 minutes are considered a draw and participants should move on to the next game.
- Games will be played with all default settings except Observers: On
- Unlike typical tournaments, draws will be counted as draws and not replayed.
- Participants will report results in the #computercup irc channel after each game.
AI Dev Rules:
- No cheating AIs (no AIXs). This is to encourage the development of AIs that can compete with human players on an equal footing. For the purpose of this tourney, cheating is considered to be doing anything a player could not theoretically do without cheating themselves (ie resource bonuses, map vision cheats, banned exploits). There is no restriction on the apm of your AI.
- AI Devs are limited to 1 AI for the entire tournament.
3. AI Devs (or someone else they designate) must be available the day of the tournament to manage their AI through the AI vs AI matches and troubleshoot any issues.
- Final AI versions must be uploaded to the vault on or before June 25th at 23:59 UTC, modifications after this point must have the approval of a Tournament Director.
- AI devs can choose which faction their AI will play for each map or have it play all random.
Would you like to contribute a prize pool for this tournament?
You can donate via Paypal to support this tournament.
Theta Passage - FAF version
Open Palms - FAF version
Crossfire Canal - FAF version
Point of Reach v4
Human sign ups:
AI Sign ups:
- RNGAI (creator relentless): RNG Standard, Requires AI-Uveso to be active
- AI-Swarm (creator Azraeel): Swarm Terror, Requires AI-Uveso to be active
- SACUAI (creator Skouby)
- AI: DilliDalli (creator Softles)
- AI-Uveso (creator Uveso): Adaptive
- Sorian AI (creator Sorian): Adaptive
- Marlo's Sorian AI edit (creator Marlo) : Requires AI-Uveso to be active
Instructions for the tournament:
- Join the #computercup irc channel, you can do this by clicking the "+" in the chat window and typing "#computercup"
- Check what group you are in (below), this will determine which maps you play vs which AI. This ensures every AI plays each map a somewhat equal amount of time and players get different maps each game.
- Starting at 15:00 UTC, everyone is going to start playing their games vs AI using this chart below from top to bottom. Everyone's first game is vs RNGAI, then AI-Swarm etc.
- Each AI mod will need to be downloaded from the vault (guide). Some AIs will require AI-Usevo to be active to work (RNGAI, AI-Swarm, Marlo's Sorian AI edit). If AI-Usevo is on please enable "Ai Map Marker Generator": "Autogenerate Always" in settings. (guide) Sorian AI is built into the client and does not require downloading.
- Host each game, all games should use default spawns (slot 1vs slot 2), you can pick whatever faction you would like, AIs should be played on random, except for DilliDalli and Marlo's Sorian AI edit whose faction picks can be found in the chart where Yellow is Seraphim, Green is Aeon, Cybran is red, and Blue is UEF. (hosting guide)
- Play each game and report the result in the #computercup channel (ie won vs Sorian AI)