Supreme Computer Cup

I'm keen to have my AI playing in it. Though I'm in a terrible timezone so will will need to recruit someone for the support side of it.

I did a quick round of map testing and found issues with these two maps
Open Palms
Regor VI Highlands

Open Palms has land pathing issues. The default path markers and the Uveso generator make the AI think they can walk to the two side mass point areas but they can't. Would need adjusted pathing markers done.
Regor VI Highlands has 2 mass points that are too close to the map border so the AI can't build mass points on that. (lower right half of the map and upper left half of the map is where the two mass points live).

Both are great maps though from a gameplay perspective.

I’d play against some ais. Although I can’t promise I’ll remember that I posted this 2 months from now.

This post is deleted!

@relentless I've swapped out regor for polar depression, hopefully that map is likely to work. I'd like to keep Open Palms in because it is such a classic 10x10, but if other AI devs would like it swapped I'd be open to it.

@askaholic Cool, I'll ping you when the tournament is closer.

@Swkoll Just some you may want to check if all the maps you have selected have propper Ai Markes to make this some what fair

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

AI-Swarm will be entering this tournament hopefully.
Hopefully I will have another very large update before this tournament. Although I dont know if I'll be here for such tournament as I might be going on vacation for the summer. If I'm not then I guess find someone to support me, but idk if I'll even remember 2 months down the road.

Developer for LOUD Project | https://discord.gg/DfWXMg9
AI Development FAF Discord | https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3
AI Developer for FAF

Community Manager for FAF
Member of the FAF Association
FAF Developer

Uuh, sign me in!

Sign me up and I will get back to the ai dev ^^ hopefully I will have one for the tourney ^^

I'll sign an AI up, a new one if I can get it working or just Dilli otherwise πŸ™‚

Quite far out but I should be able to join in, might pm me when it gets close as a reminder

Just an update for the tournament, we are still looking for lots of players who might be interested!

We are also changing the AI vs AI component of the tournament to use a tool that Softles wrote to automate the AI vs AI games. This means AI devs are no longer required to be around to control their AIs. If this was a sticking point for your participation, you are always welcome to sign up now.

My automated AI testing tool can be found here: https://github.com/HardlySoftly/FAF-AI-Autorun

Feedback/suggestions welcome πŸ™‚

@swkoll said in Supreme Computer Cup:

AI devs are no longer required to be around to control their AIs

That's great.
Am I still needed to sign in my AI ?

My AI would be happy to play with AI friends πŸ™‚

PS: The marker issue on open palms is fixed in v93 (already released).

I need to drop, because my work scheduled me on Saturday's now.

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

I'll join as a player, I'm 1k ladder so I guess it's close enough.

I'd like to join in too πŸ™‚ !

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I sign up! After my very pleasant experience in rainbow tourney ( im Protect)

sing up. 700 1v1 rate.

I'm interested in this tourney, sign me up please. 900 on ladder, so the rating should be good enough