Is mercy too strong in team games? What you think?

Talking about something like 4v4s

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

too strong considering their activation radius,flaks can't hit them at all with a small exception-they are on the top of the flaks.
the main problem is coming from the medium ranks,let's say in the range <1700 where people don't build t1 air and fully commit to a push without the realisation that their boys went for an eco build so all of the aggresive gameplay gets bullied by mercies.
To be more precise,when you're pushing it will take some time to build a t1 radar on the front/you don't have res for a t2 radar and you need the energy to oc so you're loosing some time while waiting for it.
t1 aa can't really counter them as well since all of the aa will stay behind the com and they will pretty much target 1 or 2 mercies at their best (i hope i don't need to bring up the cyb aa problem).
as to me,nerfing their activation radius by a bit would get a proper fix since their damage is quite okey and you can't use them to counter groups of spam or kill an exp under your base.

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

What about a redesign? - Mercies are stupid, like fire beetles but worse.

I suggest to make them flying disposable tacmissile launchers, with the same damage. TMD counters them in last stage of flight. They launch automatically at activation radius, otherwise you can perform a manual launch at a much larger range to bypass AA.

This doesn't make them useless., clustering them easily overwhelms a single TMD.

@ZLO please add a replay to conform to guidelines

Come on now you've played aeon a bit, you know it only works 10% of the time, and the rest of 90% games you just lose cause you invested thousand of mass into a unit that dies to 1 T1 AA.

Mercies are a trash unit anyway. Extreme rng cancer because aa's are retarded. The ability to instakill full hp acus is insanely stupid too. With good micro you can survive 30 corsairs or 5 strats for some time, but you see 5 mercies come while ur aa is a bit behind or it randomly died and u cant do anything about it. Probably the worst unit design in the entire game.

Best idea in my mind to not make it bad is to make it have big aoe but little dmg and do damage over time. Groundfire infront of enemy army reinforcements to delay or dmg them. If you fire it in the middle of enemy army they can react and dodge damage because of damage over time so there is counterplay instead of "i hAVe aA". Also should have a human amount of hp and fuel.

very bad unit by design, insanely low hp and high damage. That's the cocktail for a triggering unit, if you add on top of it maa retardation. Would need a rework, but everything i heard of for a rework ends up a bit dull, nothing very exciting.

Mercy sucks. No hp, low fuel, fuel doesnt recharge, poor manueverability. Undodgeable though. I would nerf the tracking and buff the test.

#banmercies

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

@TheWheelie
I agree with all of these points. People really dislike rng having such a game deciding impact.

I will suggest that in addition to aoe it might be interesting for mercies to have a stun effect.

Care to provide solid argument ? Mercy = rng ??? Where does that come from ?

@TheWheelie said in Is mercy too strong in team games? What you think?:

Best idea in my mind to not make it bad is to make it have big aoe but little dmg and do damage over time.

Decrease damage to 800, give it cloak, 5 aoe and halve its speed, worked out great for beetles 🙂

Beetles are actually a good unit now despite what ur big brain thinks so yes

@TheWheelie I think we'll file this one under "things only the balance team believes"

Yes just like nothas and mongoose. Wonder how that worked out

Beetles are actually a good unit now despite what ur big brain thinks so yes

I'll believe that once I see them used more often than once in 200 games. Or is the entire FAF community too stupid to understand, after half a year, that beetles are a good unit now?

Yes just like nothas and mongoose. Wonder how that worked out

@MazorNoob said in Is mercy too strong in team games? What you think?:

I'll believe that once I see them used more often than once in 200 games. Or is the entire FAF community too stupid to understand, after half a year, that beetles are a good unit now?

Considering how bad people are at adapting and that LoL pros who get payed milions and are still often slow to adapt to new meta I can see a bunch of random faf players to be not so great at adapting to new stuff.
Even more when you consider how most of them are not even remotely interested in pushing the gameplay even further but just want to chill by doing the same shit again and again.

You hardly ever see beetles in pro ladder either, not even as a cheese option. I think I've seen them maybe twice, as sort of a counter to unmicroed mongeese/hoplites.

I should give up. I tried to make the beetle balance thread conform to every single feasible balance forum guideline and I'm still waiting for a response, instead the balance team responds on a whim to a single sentence "Are mercies good? Y/N" thread.

well i never agreed on the beetle change, so i wouldn't answer you on your thread as to why it has been design like that.