Time to move on

Well, everything has an end. And after 15 years of Supreme Commander and many years of FAF, I decided to leave the community without any plans of coming back. I'm proud of the guides and other content I / we have created in collaboration with the Trainer Team over the years. I hope these resources will continue to be helpful for new players getting into the game (@Trainers, I'm proud of you, bois. Keep up the activity).
Thanks for the great time, even though I've had some disagreements and conflicts with people in the community from time to time, I hope you didn't take anything personal. Terarii, Yew (and probably 10 more people) I may have been rude or sarcastic towards in the past - I apologize, and I hope you can forgive me.

And for the trainees I've had over the past years reading this: Please keep me up to date with your improvements from time to time! Ofc I'm still open for questions in the future, just not on the FAF Discord anymore.

I know this part is probably not interesting for anyone, but I aim for achieving the same "career" in a different RTS game. If you happen to know good ones, feel free to tell me.

Thank you for the kind Discord DMs, they do mean a lot to me!
Cya,

~Sladow

Inactive.

Tough to see you go, but best of luck in your future Sladow. If you ever feel the itch to return, even though at this moment you think you may never again, we'll gladly have you back.

In the meantime, maybe give BAR a whirl? Heard some good stuff about it.

"Design is an iterative process. The required number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

See all my projects:

Bro's leaving, take this on your journey.

Screenshot_20240529-1629262.png

Cya around Sladow, good luck on the other RTS scenes.

Sorry you’re leaving Sladow, all the best for whichever RTS you decide on

I'm quitting forged alliance forever forever as well.
For the last few years the game has been slowly dying, especially at higher ratings, and lately i found myself enjoying playing it less and less.
Hosting games became increasingly hard, and nowadays it is pretty much impossible to get a good high quality game on weekdays, or sometimes even on weekends if TheWheelie is not streaming.
Add to it progressively worsening rules/game features (there have been a lot of good changes too) and the game becomes simply not worth to play anymore.

Cya,

~Terarii

Make ur own topic bro

@theweakie no I'm hijacking this one

@thewheeler said in Time to move on:

Add to it progressively worsening rules/game features (there have been a lot of good changes too) and the game becomes simply not worth to play anymore.

I'd love a detail or two on the game features before you go 🙂 !

It was fun having you around @sladow

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I wanna know what game yall playing

@jip said in Time to move on:

I'd love a detail or two on the game features before you go !

Here's some i could remember:

• The inability of balance team to properly (in my opinion) balance units, creating very frustrating situations in the game. For example, losing the navy as cybran is 10 times more devastating than losing the navy as aeon/sera/uef, because you do not have any hover units to fight off navy. Your torp acu/wagners/non-hover engineers get instantly hard countered by destros and subs, and the only viable land-to-navy weapon, t2 arty, has the worst accuracy in the game.
    It also takes 10 months for them to fix obviously overpowered units, like tempest, ahwassa, t3 subs, telemazer, salvation, mercy, or even aeon t2 arty that had double damage a few years ago.

• This change, that pretty much disables seraphim or cybran players from drawing uef/aeon players on t2 stage, or drawing people turtling under shields. It also makes it impossible to stop a huge pillar/blaze/obsidian army from killing your base after they snipe your acu, while a rhino/yenzyne/ilshie army would get completely destroyed.
    26e0da0f-9a3c-4a5c-bb1c-ecf2f8b81258-image.png

• The new area reclaim replaces the hugely apm-dependent manual reclaim in most cases, only exceptions being BOs on maps with a billion trees inbetween mexes that you need to manually reclaim, and big rocks/wrecks placed far away from each other.
    At this point, just turn the game into an autobattler that randomly wins the game for one of the players.
    As bully said: "The player's intention is to win the game. Thus, a perfect AI should be created to win every game for them. I think this will best convey a player's intention when playing the game."

• This change
    c88355bf-94c4-48d4-82e0-f1d3ad04a1ae-image.png

Thank you for taking the time 👍

The area reclaim is not definitive yet, we (game team) are voting on it in the next two weeks 🙂 .

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@thewheeler said in Time to move on:

The inability of balance team to properly (in my opinion) balance units, creating very frustrating situations in the game. For example, losing the navy as cybran is 10 times more devastating than losing the navy as aeon/sera/uef, because you do not have any hover units to fight off navy. Your torp acu/wagners/non-hover engineers get instantly hard countered by destros and subs, and the only viable land-to-navy weapon, t2 arty, has the worst accuracy in the game.
It also takes 10 months for them to fix obviously overpowered units, like tempest, ahwassa, t3 subs, telemazer, salvation, mercy, or even aeon t2 arty that had double damage a few years ago.

-I totally agree with you!

@snoog beyond all reason, chess, and less and less faf

apology for poor english

when were you when sladow left?

i was sat at home eating smegma butter when terrari ring

‘sladow is left’

‘no’

I've been playing total annihilation on taf, it's easier to get a game there than at faf unfortunately

The game is not about apm "manual reclaim" but about strategy, building bases and fighting bots and vehicles. Keep area reclaim.

Goodbye gamers 🫡