Why would you have left FAF?

@brutus5000

local conflicts
blm
lgbt

imagine thinking that almost ww3(54 countries coalition against russia(chinese proxy)) is same to blm 😆 👍

@kirovreporting said in Why would you have left FAF?:

boring, there better games
+it dont work on linux like before(great updates btw!)

Works on my machine, what are you having problems with?

@mazornoob said in Why would you have left FAF?

Works on my machine, what are you having problems with?

Works for me too.

Game is not well balanced, and there is no reason for cheese gameplay (no usable units or ACU features) only standard eco or spamming is worth considering.
To summarize:

• Mavor is way to strong when compared to other T4 end-gamers;
  • there is no defense against T2 bomber spam on T2 game phase;
  • there are no end-game upgrades for ACU;
  • experimentals Megabot and GC ale basically the same;
  • since there is T3/T4 artillery why there is no T4 shield? It is hard to defense against 3 x T3 arty fire;
  • when playing like 3 vs 3 , if one team build together an end-gamer they will win... joint effort vs non-joint effort should be irrelevant because you play with random people;
  • many ACU upgrades are not usable;
  • more cool units for more cool tactics are needed (https://supcom2.fandom.com/wiki/Experimental_Units; https://supcom2.fandom.com/wiki/Infinite_War_Battle_Pack_One_DLC)
  • units Veteran status needs overhaul - it should be more noticeable.

Please please please add a RPG elements to that game, to extend diversity of a gameplay:

• each player should be able to customize his ACU on: unique Experimentls or Units (some options to choose what they can build, for example UEF player can build Noah Experimental Unit Cannon while other UEF player can build just regular arty but also Super Triton Experimental Dreadnought - it would be so cool);
  • specialization like: better mass production, better energy managment, offensive or deffensive stats boosting;

@xtermination said in Why would you have left FAF?:

Game is not well balanced, and there is no reason for cheese gameplay (no usable units or ACU features) only standard eco or spamming is worth considering.

What? I’ve played since gpgnet was a thing and this is probably the best balance has ever been.

To summarize:

• Mavor is way to strong when compared to other T4 end-gamers;

It’s barely top 3 out of 5. Paragon and salv are both better than Mavor these days imo. I find Mavor easier to defend against at least.

• there is no defense against T2 bomber spam on T2 game phase;

Make inties and flaks. Make your own t2 bombers and win if it's so easy. I'd recommend this approach since you'll either A. quickly learn it's not that easy, or B. rank up enough by winning with this approach that you get people you no longer win against with this approach. At which point you'll also learn that it's not necessarily a free win.

• there are no end-game upgrades for ACU;

Why is this necessary? Have you seen what maxed out ACUs can actually do? Why would you expect them to hang with massive t4 units anyway?

• experimentals Megabot and GC ale basically the same;

Mega, GC, and Monkey are completely different units that fit different roles. I suppose the GC and monkey are similar-ish, but still quite different - one is cheaper, faster, stealthed, and the other is more expensive, slower, and better vs t3

• since there is T3/T4 artillery why there is no T4 shield? It is hard to defense against 3 x T3 arty fire;

You’re not supposed to defend against t3/t4 arty without effort.

• when playing like 3 vs 3 , if one team build together an end-gamer they will win... joint effort vs non-joint effort should be irrelevant because you play with random people;

This is fundamentally how team games work. There are no team games that I know of at least that work better if you don’t play as a team. Kinda defeats the point of a team game. They all have this problem.

Everything else is defeats the point of FAF - it’s forged alliance forever, and it’s not meant to be something that massively changes what the core game is meant to be. That’s what mods are for.

Guy must play astro too much

@xtermination said in Why would you have left FAF?:

when playing like 3 vs 3 , if one team build together an end-gamer they will win... joint effort vs non-joint effort should be irrelevant because you play with random people;

Statements dreamed up by the utterly deranged.

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

@rancor1223 said in Why would you have left FAF?:

I'm sorry I don't understand what does that mean? Clearly I can't play at that level if I'm loosing >9/10 games?

The ENEMY ratings are ALSO what the system is 99.7% sure THEY are better than.

This is probably the factor that is making things unclear.

Ultimately, trueskill systems tend to 'work' best if you just ignore the numbers, don't sweat losing, and rest assured that you will get reasonably decent games, which get better the more you play - win or lose.

(The worst thing players can do in these systems is alt+f4 / similar exploits, or otherwise get too concerned with trying to avoid losses to their rating. I find that if you don't sweat the losses, the systems work very well.
Although, I mostly play 1v1, and can understand how issues might occur in team games, particularly when highly-skilled pre-arranged teams are involved.)

Everyone responding to players expressing their reasons for leaving with "you're wrong" should just shut up. Your arguments will not convince someone to keep playing once they decided to leave and you're only discouraging others from speaking out. Doesn't matter if you're right, you're just shitting up a rare, useful feedback thread for no reason.

Basically none of the feedback here has been useful lol

The survivorship bias is thinking an rts game was a good idea, we shoulda made it a ftp loot shooter

@femtozetta you're so smart! if you couldn't tell people they stopped playing for the wrong reasons, how would others possibly realize how highly intelligent you are? You're right my suggestion was basically 1984. Your previous post alone contributes more to this thread than all others combined. You probably already knew exactly why people stop playing faf since your brain is so huge.

@phong While I see where you're coming from, femto has a point. It's not useful feedback when someone's reason for quitting FAF is that they don't want their team to matter in a team game. We more or less stopped getting "useful" or new feedback in this thread a long time ago.

All that said, I don't disagree with you either and the more experienced and veteran people like myself should be mindful of that, at least on the reasonable takes even if they're not necessarily accurate.

Femto's point hinges on what "useful" means. The info in here could be useful to faf policy makers to shape policy, or to other players, to shape behavior. Even if it's not useful to you that doesn't mean it's OK to discourage more responses. And it begs the question, why argue the matter? What possible reason does one have to contradict a player on why they're quitting? It gives off "scorned lover" vibes if anything.

Nine2 is like the nice guy asking everyone why they won't play with us anymore and every time someone speaks up there's a bunch of dudes screaming "you're dumb i'm glad you're leaving we didn't want to play with you anyway".

Can you please not?

Nobody would care if you just acted normal. Acting like this is some rare useful thread forever desecrated. It's funny.

@ftxcommando I'm just expressing my wish for less shitposts man, hopefully some people will consider it. Not you of course, my hopes are not set that high.

Oh no, phong shows off that he actually doesn't give a shit about any of the highbrow concepts he pretends to value and instead just needles people because he is little better than the people he pretends he isn't.

4head

@ftxcommando

You can express a desire for people to treat each other with respect while simultaneously recognizing that a particular individual generally does not do that.

On a related note, and to answer the main question: general abrasiveness in the community, see here for a concentrated example among many.

I'm not a hugely competitive player so balance tends to be abstract for me. Haven't had a big problem with connectivity. Even ingame shittalking comes with the territory--people getting pissed when they lose and blaming their teammates is pretty universal.

But in a niche community, seeing people get trashed as a matter of course makes me question who I'm associating with. It also has the knock-on effect of making generally reasonable people testy in response.