Idea for Kamikaze units in FAF

I am a bit new to this game and community and I've noticed that there is a very interesting kamikaze mechanics in the game in form of Fire Beetle.
I very much like the idea of a single use high-skill high reward units. But it seems to be a bit "unfair" that only one fraction has this type of unit. I know that Aeon has mercy but they are more like loyalist ability - slightly usefull against T1-T2 spam and useless otherwise.

It would be nice to have some sort of kamikaze unit in each fraction.
for example I propose for Aeon a T2 plane with name "Resurrection"
with

• ~300 mass cost, 6k energy cost , buildpower requirement of around 2k
  • vision around 15
  • speed 10
  • 3min fuel
  • 2400 damage single non-missable kamikaze attack

Also for seems like kamikaze buildings aka mines suit UEF well and maybe a kamikaze sub for Ceraph?

A while back they made a change to the Firebeetle where it was given cloaking so it could not be seen with vision. Pair this with a mobile Radar stealth and you have a real treat. Pair this with a Radar stealth tower around your base and you have a mine field.

I'm surprised there isn't some kind of land mine mechanic in this game.

it would be nice to see a unit that is a combination of firebeatle and air transport

@rredmage said in Idea for Kamikaze units in FAF:

You're describing the Mercy, which just got its role changed 🙂

@NaN there are mods with land mines, BrewLan certainly has them

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I think this post is bait. And given that nobody uses beetles since they have an incredibly niche role they aren't even reliably great at, it's not even good bait.

@mazornoob Wish beetles were better at what they're supposed to do 😞

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

All T1 scouts with a change switch for kamikaze drones, like today wars...

@rredmage said in Idea for Kamikaze units in FAF:

with

• ~300 mass cost, 6k energy cost , buildpower requirement of around 2k
  • vision around 15
  • speed 10
  • 3min fuel
  • 2400 damage single non-missable kamikaze attack

Yeah I agree this unit should be in the game, but I don’t like the name Resurrection, how about Schmercy or Blurcey

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

Aeon apologists try to not cry after getting fully deserved nerfs challenge (impossible)

@xiaomao

I’ve played exactly 2 games as Aeon in my entire 8~ year span of playing this game, I just don’t hate fun

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

Aeon apologists try not to justify toxic game design challenge (impossible)

But you risk UEF players no longer being able to simply right click into the enemy base. What do you expect them to do, actually scout, preemptively destroy the kamikaze units, build some t1 maa? Madness.

This dude has no idea uef t2 navy requires completely perfect intel to not autolose

@drpatrickstar
Imagine thinking that t1 or t2 maa will reliably stop Mercies lmao.
Yeah, let me move my MAA in front of the acu so that they can actually try stopping the mercies. WAIT WHERE IS MY MAA?

@xiaomao said in Idea for Kamikaze units in FAF:

@drpatrickstar
Imagine thinking that t1 or t2 maa will reliably stop Mercies lmao.
Yeah, let me move my MAA in front of the acu so that they can actually try stopping the mercies. WAIT WHERE IS MY MAA?

I, too, enjoy the Mercy changes.

@xiaomao

if your opponent gets enough unscouted mercies to kill you, you deserve to lose.

If you scout them and don't sacrifice a few inties to kill them, you deserve to lose.

If you can't do this and still walk your acu in a way that it can get snipe, you deserve to lose.

image_2023-07-24_154018324.png
Tell me more.

@drpatrickstar

This type of logic is why we need instructions on shampoo.

@drpatrickstar i am happier with all T2 snipes providing more or less the same wiggle room to the victim, and mercies were way more punishing than T2 gunships or bombers because of the alpha damage. No chance to move under shields, no chance to get close to flak, no chance to bring inties to help, just scout (every aeon, not just your opponent), cower away from the front, or die randomly.

Aeon gunships can do almost the same thing but it feels more fair losing to them.

why is there still no option to downvote things