Idea for Kamikaze units in FAF

Aeon apologists try not to justify toxic game design challenge (impossible)

But you risk UEF players no longer being able to simply right click into the enemy base. What do you expect them to do, actually scout, preemptively destroy the kamikaze units, build some t1 maa? Madness.

This dude has no idea uef t2 navy requires completely perfect intel to not autolose

@drpatrickstar
Imagine thinking that t1 or t2 maa will reliably stop Mercies lmao.
Yeah, let me move my MAA in front of the acu so that they can actually try stopping the mercies. WAIT WHERE IS MY MAA?

@xiaomao said in Idea for Kamikaze units in FAF:

@drpatrickstar
Imagine thinking that t1 or t2 maa will reliably stop Mercies lmao.
Yeah, let me move my MAA in front of the acu so that they can actually try stopping the mercies. WAIT WHERE IS MY MAA?

I, too, enjoy the Mercy changes.

@xiaomao

if your opponent gets enough unscouted mercies to kill you, you deserve to lose.

If you scout them and don't sacrifice a few inties to kill them, you deserve to lose.

If you can't do this and still walk your acu in a way that it can get snipe, you deserve to lose.

image_2023-07-24_154018324.png
Tell me more.

@drpatrickstar

This type of logic is why we need instructions on shampoo.

@drpatrickstar i am happier with all T2 snipes providing more or less the same wiggle room to the victim, and mercies were way more punishing than T2 gunships or bombers because of the alpha damage. No chance to move under shields, no chance to get close to flak, no chance to bring inties to help, just scout (every aeon, not just your opponent), cower away from the front, or die randomly.

Aeon gunships can do almost the same thing but it feels more fair losing to them.

why is there still no option to downvote things

@boomnoob

Bec people will get bullied worse than whatโ€™s already happening

Would they? I would just downvote and move on.
But now you need to actually write something to show you disagree.

@phong
I see your point, it makes sense. Although I can hardly say that T2 UEF air is capable of "sniping" rather than "steady tickling to death".

For me it always was an intentional difference between races:

• UEF has only damage over time
  • Aeon has only alpha damage
  • Cybran and Seraph are in the middle
    (talking aboun air to ground damage here but Aeon is about alpha damage in many different places)

Now Aeon air seems to be very strange:
Mercy is a one-use Janus and Specters cost more than Stingers, have twice less dps but in alpha-damage form (aka extremely bad).

I don't say I know what to do with Mercy so they become useful but balanced, but seems like this direction just makes them obsolete.

@RRedMage
Get your facts straight dude. You have best T2 gunship and somehow still cry about it, even lie about it's DPS which is more or less the same as stinger. Like holy shit, how come every aeon dude is like the biggest crybaby ever.

@rredmage

Bro wants a 2 shot uef gunship at t2 stage ๐Ÿ’€

@Xiaomao not talking to you, go bully someone else on twitter

@tryth

| Bro wants a 2 shot uef gunship at t2 stage ๐Ÿ’€

Can you please elaborate, I can not parse what you wanted to say.

I am taking calculating units dps from the Units tab in FAF, so there might be some inconsistency with the current game state. I've tested actual dps values, they are the same for Aeon and UEF. So the gunship point is invalid, but the "one time Janus" point holds.

@rredmage said in Idea for Kamikaze units in FAF:

@Xiaomao not talking to you, go bully someone else on twitter

Why should I, it's not me blatantly lying to everyone else in his posts and promoting toxic game design.

@mazornoob in early-mid game beatle is greate when dealing with t2 spam where there is no ACU near