Game patch 3728

@ThomasHiatt if that’s what you want then you are basically advocating for getting rid of templates entirely. Because templates do exactly the same thing as this “right click to cap” feature except just not as well. You can keep using templates if you want and it won’t make you any worse at the game than someone who uses the “click to cap” feature. The only difference is it’s a quality of life change where the person using “click to cap” doesn’t have to bind and memorize as many hotkeys.

I don't want anything, I don't even play the game. I was just stating that the decisions don't make sense to me. If it were up to me I would allow reclaim macros and auto-reclaim mods and allow for the easy ringing of structures. Templates do the same thing, not as well, in the same way that attack move does the same thing, not as well. Everyone is forced to use attack move because the better solutions are deemed cheating. By the same logic, auto-ringing structures should be deemed cheating.

Nobody thinks using a storage template around a mex is pro… the UI of SupCom could be more powerful and anything that allows you to use less APM on base building is good

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

But clickin rocks is pro?

autocappng mexes doesnt change the meta on all 38 rocks inbetween trees maps, some automatd reclaiming does.

Forumpros doing balance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTcguJZh3A .
When a canis player remembers to build more than 3 units https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hjp8xJHuyA .

If you would add automated reclaiming that is even close in efficiency to manually reclaiming most of the maps would change from normal eco scaling to a Daroza/Ditch level scaling which would make the game arguably 10x harder for most people (The difference between bad, decent, good and Pro scaling and BO's on such maps is insanely hard eg. 2x more Total mass by min 8 or so.)

@tagada one ----- made mod that do reclaim orders around engineer on hotkey. Like you moving to trees, and clicking those groups of trees. This mod does it for you. But it was sim mod

Changelog has been updated to match commit ca43c5c. You can read it in the first post of this topic.

With thanks to feedback from @Haachamachama , @Fearghal @MadMax and others:

• Fixed kennels to always spawn their first drone
  • Fixed build bot count on Cybran ACU
  • Fixed various small issues that are quite rare

I am hoping to play a test game later today at 18:00 UTC + 1 (Amsterdam time). It will either be Seton's Clutch or a map gen and there is rank limit: you must be at least 1000+. Aim is to test the game a few more times before the patch set for tomorrow. The last week the branch has been stable - I am not expecting any game breaking bugs 🙂 .

You can leave feedback on the patch at the FAF Discord in the #game-testing channel or in this topic.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Walls around t1 pd don't take any fire anymore with patch

With the developers patch, or the balance patch of last month (November the 26th?)

I see an option to create unranked games was added. Where, in the UI can I toggle that?

(and thank you. Tis one of those things that is nice for group games where friends are playing friends, or the random -300 wanders in still learning the game)

@heelix ca4b15a1-bbb0-4f31-b159-3f6620a4e04d-image.png

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

It is part of the lobby options

Impressive, a big thank you to all contributors.

You guys are awesome ❤

❤ ❤ ❤ PERFORMANCE, so thx for your effort to keep this game alive and running and make it even better!

@jip said in Game patch 3728:

With the developers patch, or the balance patch of last month (November the 26th?)

Not sure, whichever changed the hit bones or boxes, duelest has a video over it.

@veteranashe See this thread: https://forum.faforever.com/topic/3091/are-walled-t1-pd-useless-now

The duelist's findings are useful, but incomplete.

That was the balance patch then 🙂

Fantastic work ! I think its really impressive and not only honorable that you keep improving the game and add features. Such passion is rarely seen!

Thank you 🙂

That's great