Seriously when are you guys going to undo the Scathis changes

I find this a funny topic because vanilla scathis was way more just an inferior mavor clone. Now there are actually some situation in which it might be better. On spread out maps scathis can do a lot more damage in a short time than mavor (Though mavor of course wins the game ender fight)

Supcom was geared more to turtling because of t1 massfabs and mexes put out more, when far came out they changed those too for less turtling.

You forget reclaim to build game enders.

Watch a replay of the old scathis, they get built, move into range and then die. It's a near completely useless unit. It would be better to move into t3 arty range and build a base and then t3 arty rather build a short range scathis

pre 2017 scathis was a monster that cost about 2 t3 arty and outputted 5-6 t3 arty worth of damage on 10x10 maps. Late game hilly/wonder/canis was decided by scathis rush. It was irrelevant on 20x20 because of the bad range.

Then the cost was increased and it became entirely useless.

Then it was brought in line with other game enders so Cybran now had their own niche in the game ender stage rather than either an entirely overpowered proto-game ender or entirely useless t4.

Everything is fine just the way it is.

I understand FAF better than I can play it

I'd like to see the "Mobile" aspect of the Scathis to be useful somehow rather than just a way to build it underwater then crawl onto land. Perhaps the unpack/repack animation time could be reduced? Should not affect its power while making those treads not just for show.

Lol make it shoot on the move with even less accuracy and or rof so it's harder to to kill scathis with a t3 arty war

@veteranashe An inaccurate on-the-move scathis would by funny

Honestly I think the Scathis would be significantly better if it was a static building that could receive fire rate adjacency buffs from T3 pgens. I also think that would make the Scathis too good and it being static but not getting fire rate adjacency as a special exception would be unintuitive. So it’s mobility being kind of useless should probably remain? Maybe make it a little bit quicker on the move but I think a lengthy unpack is also appropriate.

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

Why would it need to be better?

Imagine if you started moving it and it shot your allies base on accident

To move, the Scathis should transform into a big wheel and roll really fast

To move, the Scathis should just point its weapons into the ground and use the kinetic energy of the shots to propel itself into the air. It can then deploy a parachute and land safely.

We can reuse the existing firing animation as helicopter blades

I like these ideas - lets make a few toggle's so that people can determine how they would want to move the scathis

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Current firing animation looks like a bad joke considering how massive the scathis is.

If we talking about moving scathis then it should pack up into a giant robot with arms that shoot scathis arty shells, or maybe grows spider legs and becomes a mega megalith with a scathis on its back and laser out its face otherwise just leave it as it is

I understand FAF better than I can play it

I support making the scathis into a transformer. I want to see more optimus prime inclusion in this game.