Will TML ever be balanced?

@bj There was no chance to this that I am aware of.
Maybe he's referring to the billy delay as that one is 30 seconds before you can launch the next one.

I've tested it, there is no chance / bug with the ACU TML.

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

@wtfboomnoob
Thank you for the clarification,
I recently became quite fond of the TML backpack so I was a bit shocked.

I didn't know about the slow fire rate of the billy, but unless I'm mistaken, to achieve that fire rate you need to be dumping 100mass/s into the construction of the billy.
Not sure how necessary it is to slow ppl down beyond that, I mean sure if tehy have a paragon this gets silly, but they also have a paragon, things are gonna get silly.

@bj You won't notice the cooldown at all if you only use a T3 ACU.
If you heavily assist with engis / kennels / hives though (which usually is the case) you'll get the impression it's bugged. At least I only learnt about the delay ~6 months ago and before that I always tried to walk and stop my ACU cuz I thought it was buggy.
The delay is there so you cannot spam 3 billies within 15 seconds (which is possible as you have the ressources for loading the billy after you upgraded it) and annihilate every land army on the map immediately.

Yea my bad, I wasn't aware that change was for the billy only.

TML are by far the largest thing I dislike about this game;

1. they can reach a hella large distance so on large maps you have to build a lot of TMD so 1 TML = about 10 TMD
  2. only built by t2 engies, so its even harder to spread TMD around, and if some try hard rushes TML launcher takes out your hq you can then no longer build T2 engies and the game is over.
  3. To much damage only 2 to kill a un-upgraded com thats standing still and doesnt leave any mass behind when killing t2 mexes.
  4. large capacity, so you can easily string 4-5 launches in a very small amount of time and kill opponents eco.
  5. very cheap for a t2 unit can easily be made with t1 energy.

@wtfboomnoob said in Will TML ever be balanced?:

@bj You won't notice the cooldown at all if you only use a T3 ACU.
If you heavily assist with engis / kennels / hives though (which usually is the case) you'll get the impression it's bugged. At least I only learnt about the delay ~6 months ago and before that I always tried to walk and stop my ACU cuz I thought it was buggy.
The delay is there so you cannot spam 3 billies within 15 seconds (which is possible as you have the ressources for loading the billy after you upgraded it) and annihilate every land army on the map immediately.

1 random loyalist and your billy ACU is a very sad boy anyway. It is such an hard counter to Billy its not even funny 😞

@firv At least you can shoot down your own billy now though. Also Cybran needs it as their army has no shields so you'd always kill 15k+ mass with each shot the moment they push out of TMD / static shields.

Slightly off-topic but TML related
Q: what if you reclaim your own TML (considering it obsolete for whatever reason at that time). Do you get more mass if you reclaim it while it has still missiles loaded? Or is it the same deal regardless of missile content?

@jusbeginning Regardless of missile count, the amount of reclaim remains the same.

@wtfboomnoob
Thanks for confirming

@wtfboomnoob said in Will TML ever be balanced?:

@firv At least you can shoot down your own billy now though. Also Cybran needs it as their army has no shields so you'd always kill 15k+ mass with each shot the moment they push out of TMD / static shields.

Maybe, it just feels so wrong that a single unit can completly nullify a very expensive upgrade. Basicly when I see thats there is cybran land on the field, i don't even think about the billy upgrade anymore.

@firv There is no other way to balance it really besides "just stay in your base if you know your opponent has billy".

@wtfboomnoob Yeah its just a bit jarring that they went from having no counter to absolute immunity though, which is a bit opressive. Cybran is already very strong and didnt really need a buff in that stage imho