Stronger ASF

You buff strat and gunship rushes indirectly. Better off making either a new unit or some sort of tool/ability on a current air unit that can punish clumping units so that there is a downward pressure on continual ASF buildup.

Why would you buff the most efficient unit in the whole game?

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

@rezy-noob The idea is not to buff, but to double unit limit. Maybe even without buffing at all.

Anyway, I now like FtXCommando's idea of air-to-air splash. Like a slow splash anti-air gunship with... 4 unit limit? Just to lower their spam. Just in case. Just like they did in Starcraft 2, when they realized everyone is just building death balls and using F2 (select all warriors); They just gave every race a lot of splash.

@deribus said in Stronger ASF:

This is the approach LOUD takes.

That's not true - ASF stats are essentially identical except in their relative cost/firepower relationship to other units.

Maybe like a big restorer that is slower than asf with lots of spread firepower to kill clump of air units but has trouble killing single units (like expe)

just remove fuel bars and vet on asf

profile picture credits to petric

What does that do?

Ah I forgot this was about making asf less cpu intensive rather than actually addressing anything about gameplay 4head

@brannou like a czar lol

@ftxcommando said in Stronger ASF:

What does that do?

Ah I forgot this was about making asf less cpu intensive rather than actually addressing anything about gameplay 4head

I was in a setons yesterday that slowed down literally to -10 because about 1k ASF were fighting

I do consider extreme slowdowns to be a "gameplay" issue. Not really one of tactics/strategy, but it has a big impact on the gameplay experience

I would love to see a proper mod or (if that's not possible, modifications on the dev branch) that takes away fuel and vet from ASFs to see if that reduces slowdown.

My guess is that most of the slowdown is based on ASFs having lots of targets available an needing to pick one, so removing vet/fuel wouldn't make a big difference. But I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Only way to find out is to test it.

@arma473 said in Stronger ASF:

I would love to see a proper mod or (if that's not possible, modifications on the dev branch) that takes away fuel and vet from ASFs to see if that reduces slowdown.

It won't do so - the issue is with target checking. See also this other discussion:

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned