[Discontinued] Ethereal FAF Client 1.0

For those, who tried to use Maps downloader and app didnt launch, create folders on this path C:\Users\Eternal\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Maps, i forgot to add some safe checks 😃

@eternal said in ★ Ethereal FAF Client Highlights ★:

For those, who tried to use Maps downloader and app didnt launch, create folders on this path C:\Users\Eternal\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Maps, i forgot to add some safe checks 😃

There are some issues with using the user directory. In particular, the game has trouble reading some characters and therefore no maps or mods will be detected or be playable.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip I will add custom paths for everything late, as i know, i need to manipulate with patch files?

😄 It didn't happen the way I planned, but for the fun of it, you can already try it.

I want to say the main things:

• at the moment it is alpha 0.0000003, it is uncontrolled
  • if you lose the Internet, I do not know what will happen to you 🐶
  • You can connect to the server only at startup
  • It is recommended to be used by people with a stable Internet, but even with a stable Internet, the application may crash

Java SE Development Kit 8u231 <<<<< REQUIRED

ALSO First launch can be bad, you must look for cpu usage time to time xD. Still requires some internal work

Ethereal FAF Client

😄 It didn't happen the way I planned, but for the fun of it, you can already try it.

I want to say the main things:

• at the moment it is alpha 0.0000003, it is uncontrolled
  • if you lose the Internet, I do not know what will happen to you 😄
  • You can connect to the server only at startup
  • It is recommended to be used by people with a stable Internet, but even with a stable Internet, the application may crash

Java SE Development Kit 8u231 (Link) <<<<< REQUIRED

ALSO First launch can be bad, you must look for cpu usage time to time xD. Still requires some internal work

https://github.com/Eternal-ll/Ethereal-FAF-Client/releases/tag/v0.00001-beta

Current state:

• No replays
  • No mod vaults
  • No news
  • No private messaging
  • Only FAF custom games
  • etc 😄

and dont click export btn in maps if you dont own MS Word 😄

Good luck to the crazy ones who will use the current version 😄

Next release of alpha will be not soon, but it would be much better. I am gonna change overall architecture for easier usage and developing.

Not died!

Added something cool.

Changelog:

1. Added ability to select size of news per page
  2. Added ability to select different pages of news
  3. Emplemented forum API to read recent topics
  4. Added ability to select recent forum topic by catergory all time/daile/weekly/montly
  5. Added pages for recent forum topics

You can actually click on topic author / latest message author / read latest message

29541456-bad5-40ed-84be-05d817be6080-image.png

62f5cf7c-0d0e-48da-a589-fc23875712fb-image.png

a5e02075-22d5-487a-86ef-727f3d2f566b-image.png

3a7b8d4a-b84e-40d6-b2d2-683a2b39eaae-image.png

e267a1fa-019f-47e3-bce1-7d2a600330b3-image.png

For future:

1. Ability to authorize on forum thought client
  2. Added topics that you want to see firstly, useful for devs and etc
  3. Ability to send messages?)

Check check

6ce7e505-303d-428e-bb6d-604ccfe94246-image.png

1c2404da-f7ea-4ec2-bdfe-3dd720e21ce6-image.png

Now you can host any kind of map you want without even having it locally

87e667d4-621f-4ac8-85a6-22bae8e6f533-image.png

You removed Grimplex from your foe-friend list, but besides that: looks great 🙂 . Is it still as responsive as you set it out to be?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip said in ★ Ethereal FAF Client Highlights ★:

You removed Grimplex from your foe-friend list, but besides that: looks great . Is it still as responsive as you set it out to be?

Yeah and i am sure i can speed it up a lot of more, but it will require some better knowledge 😃

Currently it has lack of connectivity control with lobby, i have no control on reconnection system right now xD Maybe next week i will fix it

@Eternal Personally I would not download any ting from that link I assume you have a Github that you can do a release on which would be a more recognised site for people to download from?

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@rowey Fixed 😄

Nice work, the menu is really shaping up to something special..
Screenshot 2022-05-03 100550.png

@photek xDDDDDD Sorry, it is AD from website. I have ability to hide it, but it is kinda complicated right now

@Eternal What in the flying heck? There are ADs in the client? Are you kidding?