Is aeon arty nerf a bit too much ?

@Fremy_Speeddraw can you explain the heavy T2 aeon arty nerf ?
The damage was probably bugged i agree, but nerfing the accuracy as well ? Right now, aeon arty misses small stuctures (a mex) 40% of the time (small testing on ~15 shots here : #14147797), i'm afraid lowering the accuracy that much render it completly useless against small structures. 2.5 accuracy is cybran's arty accuracy, which has double the AoE to compensate.

Have you been testing ? What are the results of it ?

No one cares šŸ˜ž

I agree that Aeon t2 arty sucks. When did they nerf? Back in the day it was solid because it would hit what you targeted.

Can you provide a link to the nerf?

https://github.com/FAForever/fa/commit/706646196978c07704e2b3bc48c3b7476e7f86fd, damage was nerferd from 5 pulses to 3 pulses(so ~1.6 times nerf), randomness increased from 1.5 to 2.5.

Aeon arty is bugged and it deals twice the damage then it should if it hits a unit directly. This was supposed to fix that issue but it's obviously a subpar solution and we are investigating the core bug and trying to fix it.

cybran is anti unit, aeon is anti structure, uef is middle seraphim is uefs special cousin artillery wise šŸ˜›

@Tagada said in Is aeon arty nerf a bit too much ?:

Aeon arty is bugged and it deals twice the damage then it should if it hits a unit directly. This was supposed to fix that issue but it's obviously a subpar solution and we are investigating the core bug and trying to fix it.

Interesting, is that the case if it hits a shield?

If I remember correctly yes. In my tests i managed to deal 10k dmg to a Fatboy in 1 shot, 5k dmg to its shield and 5k hp to its hp.

Looked at the code will do some more confirmation tomorrow but simply it appears the Aeon Arty is coded to do its damage twice on impact

Iā€™m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

This post is deleted!

Oh! I had done lots of tests to see which arty got through shields the fastest. I thought aeon won because of their DOT effect stopping shield regen for longer. Super interesting!

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

The bug was found, fixed and now it's being tested.