Will TML ever be balanced?

How much mass is in a tml snipe of a hq compared to a Corsair snipe on a aco or a hw

To one hit ko a T2 HQ you need 5 corsair

5 corsair mass = 2100
1 tml + missile = 1030 mass

5 corsair energy = 42,000
1 tml + missile = 7,000

time to build 5 corsair = 5 minutes
time to build tml + missile = 1.35 minutes

the numbers become even more insane when you realise once you have built the launcher each missile that does 5000 damage is only 180 mass lol

for referance 4 t1 tanks is 224 mass

even next to another overpowered unit the T2 bomber the tml is stupid cheap and high damage.

when you begin comparing the numbers its blinding obvious that the tml is overpowered.

its like GPG added it to the game as a joke and people havnt noticed yet

for another referance a TML + 3 missile is 1390 mass for 15000 damage

a Mavor is 5,994,000 mass and 16000 damage per shot

for the price of a Mavor you can get 33, 300 Missiles which is 166.5 million damage or equivalent 10,406 mavor shots.

TML is a meme

@caliber said in Will TML ever be balanced?:

its like GPG added it to the game as a joke and people havnt noticed yet

this reminded me that in supreme commander before forged alliance TML was a homing missile launcher 😄
Tho it did have much less range there

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

for the price of a Mavor you can get 33, 300 Missiles which is 166.5 million damage or equivalent 10,406 mavor shots.

I now want to build massive batteries of TML instead of end game arty...

@snoog I may have gotten a bit carried away with the camparisons xd

TML is a meme

Okay, but consider this: the SNOOP (uef tech 1 land scout) costs ONLY TWELVE mass and does 2 damage PER SECOND?

Let me paint you the picture: a snoop could LITERALLY kill 1000 mavors (6 billion mass apparently) FOR THE COST OF TWELVE MASS????
This is utterly ridiculous and I don't understand how this has flown under everyone's, especially chris taylor's, radars.

I will not stand for this.

No longer will I suffer from the poor decisions of the balance team.
Snoops are stupid and they ruin the game

frick snoops!

@TheWheelieNoob the mavor reference was just a joke, I was interested to see how it would compare to the most powerful unit in the game mass for mass, no need to rage over it lol.

let me ask you this question

if a tml is mainly used to kill t2 mexes at 2000hp why does it do 5000 damage

is there an calculable reason that it does 5000 damage or is it just a randomly generated number?

TML is a meme

@caliber said in Will TML ever be balanced?:

@TheWheelieNoob the mavor reference was just a joke, I was interested to see how it would compare to the most powerful unit in the game mass for mass, no need to rage over it lol.

let me ask you this question

if a tml is mainly used to kill t2 mexes at 2000hp why does it do 5000 damage

is there an calculable reason that it does 5000 damage or is it just a randomly generated number?

it does 6k damage so you can 2 shot any unupgraded commander

In practical games you won’t kill a uef acu with 2 tmls because regen happens every tick.

Uef4life, 6 million mass in snoops is 500,000 snoops or 1 mil DPS

Thanks for the numbers on Corsair. I still think it's mostly fine and definitely a excellent addition to the game over ta.

I still maintain the primary reason TML is OP is because of overkill destroying the wreck of t2 mexes.

Regarding the TML overkilling t2 mex, i don't think this is OP at all because it is easily counterable with tmd. What does make TML OP is the fact that if you have a wide area of targets you need lots of tmd. Same principle with nuke.
Not sure how you would balance this. Maybe increase the required buildpower?

1 Idea would be to increase the loading time for missiles and possibly reduce storage capacity so that it would give the player more time to make TMD over a large area and not lose all t2 mex in 20 seconds.

TML is a meme

Increase tmd range

@caliber cybran tml already has a capacity of 4, making it even less is stupid

I have just created a mod that rebalances the tml.zgdhnbsdhjnsrt.jpg

problems with the tml as I see them;

6k damage for very little cost
no risk vs reward factor, if tml doesnt work you risk/lose nothing and can reclaim the tml
tml can be fired way too quickly and kill an opponents whole base in about 10 seconds
spreading tmd around takes time

Key changes;

-Missile energy cost's have been increased significantly to create a risk factor of energy stalling when making tmls."
-Missile mass costs have been slightly increased.
-Missile damage has been reduced to 2k so that it doesnt kill the reclaim but still enough to snipe t2 mexes
-Capacity has been reduced to 1 other than cybran as their launcher has 4 launch tubes so makes sense
-TML build rate has been increased so that assisting is less powerful.
-TML explosion damage has been increased to match missile damage at 2k, so dont stand near it if it gets destroyed, again creating a risk factor for tml use."

TML is a meme