Proposal: T3 Arty & Movement

Maybe buff T2 MMLs to have range 80? (And buff T3 MML too)

Will need some testing to not made snipers obsolete but can be solution of problem

PS T3 MML don't looks OP aganist snipers in TS replay for me

I'm generally in favor of all buffs to siege weapons. Tanks and direct fire bots have ruled FAF since the beginning.

Also Salems built from Cybran T3 land factory is still an option.

@FunkOff Salems from land factory should be an April Fools patch.

Can you imagine the memes?

But yes siege weaponary in general needs a buff.

In fact if we are increasing range of T3 MMA then we should give fatty same range as T2 arty.

@Psions said in Proposal: T3 Arty & Movement:

In fact if we are increasing range of T3 MMA then we should give fatty same range as T2 arty.

There is no mandatory to buff T3 MMA range if you buff T2 MML range.
Other buffs can be used:
Rocket speed, AoE radius, better fire cycle and so on

Another option is to increase splash damage of MMLs so they have a little more utility against mobile armies - that way a unit scooting over a micrometer doesn't successfully dodge MML missiles. But then that gets into the question of whether TMLs should also get their damage radius buffed, and if so that could potentially make ACU TML packs really strong, which is probably not desired as only 2 factions have a TML pack...

I think you are forgetting that cybran has stealth

If you buff t3 arty range it can mess with naval bombardment, in a cast awhile back on setons t3 arty did do significant damage to the naval, although a lack of micro or targeting had something to do with it, I'll find the game if someone asks.

All t3 BS outrange t3 ma by a long shot, even Aeon BS. And t3 ma outranged t2 destros for like as long as I can remember.

Firebeetle + Deceiver combo does pretty well vs Othuum + Sniper bots: https://replay.faforever.com/13464612

I'm shit at microing firebeetles so I fail the first attempt, but the second almost entirely wipes the force.

Yeah yeah scouting/omni

@Deribus There's no scouting, no enemy movement, small engagement scale and clumped up enemy units. Beetles (at least right now) are very bad at targeting moving units.

Aren't cybran t2 shields cheap enough to spam around and creep with?

Shield creep is nothing anyone serious about the game ever does, regardless of faction

@IceDreamer I agree with literally everything you said except the damage multipliers. Damage numbers should remain flat otherwise the game will become a rock paper scissors matchup.
A range change to T3 arty would be nice. The values IceDreamer suggested sound reasonable but might make the Fatboy a little too strong. Perhaps a marginal (e.g. 0.1 or less) speed decrease on Fatboy to balance out the +10 range increase to maintain the Fatboy VS Direct Fire experimental matchup.
The point about accepting some factions are unbeatable in certain areas in certain stages of the game is true yet people often forget that.
I would like to add a few other suggestions to make Cybran suffer less without actually addressing the problem.

• Build T2 arty and/or t2 shields to fight off or protect your army, reclaiming useless/out-of-position structures as you go.
  • Use terrain to shield units. It will protect your T3 arty while allowing your direct fire units to get in close. (This assumes you are playing on a decent map.)
  • Accept you are screwed and build static defences and a Megalith while you lament your bad gameplay for allowing a critical mass of snipers.
  • Wait for April fools day so you can build Salem's out of your T3 land factory.
  • Build the Soul Ripper and after it is instantly killed by ASF use it's crash damage to kill the snipers.

Joking aside, I'd suggest building one T2 shield behind terrain and lobbing arty shells over onto the snipers. If the map does not allow for that you had better accept Cybran can't win that fight and invest in T3 air while building a few static defences to hold the snipers at bay.