Nerf transports loaded with t1 assult bots

The fact that t1 transports can fly around with t1 assult bots and act like a gunship is insane.
On big maps like setons this tactic in an early stage is too easy to execute and too hard to counter as you need both air and ground forces in the area to deal with this.

At least nerf their damage while they are in the transport, this thing can swoop through your mexes without stopping and all your mexes will be destroyed, I had t1 turret in place, but bots destroyed turret faster then t1 turret destroyed the transport.

Here is a replay, where 1 t1 transport destroyed half of my economy (bottom rock) and continued to destroy air player economy.
https://replay.faforever.com/21480860

Even if you have interceptors, bots can always be dropped and continue running around.

Also I dislike the improvement in transport drop speed as all it did is buffed all this cheesy early game strategies. In early game you dont have a t2 or t3 radar and you dont have sufficent air force to stop transports from dropping anything in the area. This gives a big advantage to any player that decides to go for a drop. To the point when the only way how you can counter a drop, is to go for your own drop.

Make it so only engineers are dropped quickly by transports 🗣🗣📢

Getting crushed by a ghetto is a skill issue though, its not overpowered at all

Ghetto is incredibly easy to scout ahead of time. They need a transport and 6 LABs to do it.

In that game though it wasn't even the ghetto that was the problem, it was that your opponent finished their air factory a full minute and 10 seconds ahead of you and then assisted it with 6 engineers vs your 0. By the time that transport has dropped an engineer on the island and arrived above your base he has 7 interceptors defending it vs your only air unit being 1 transport.

They could have spent the same mass on T1 bombers and you'd still have gotten shredded.

Ground based AA kills the LABs in the transport before the transport, if any projectiles hit a bot it blows up. It’s super expensive for the dps as well. Drops are the only thing that make setons dynamic in the earlier stages.

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

This post is deleted!

imho biggest problem is the map:
•it makes commander leave the base early so when you make aa labs will just drop from transport
•Only frontline is the middle player, nobody else makes land units - after labs are dropped they can run to the back and kill more engineers
• trees get broken if labs escape
It is pretty strong on setons, so kinda weird that it is rare there, however rock players already often start with air fac and 4 engies and then and air scout to scout beach to see if they rush toward island

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

@zlo It is rare, because everybody play setons for large scale late game battles with huge economies. Also the player base is small enough so you can remember every player that does chees. Except for opti when you dont know who is your opponent, that exactly what happened to me.
Im not sure how the map can be a problem as it is one of the most iconic maps in the game.

@band228 The map is a 'problem' in this context, because the specific playstyles used on this make it easier to use this strategy.

In any case, the strategy is not OP and is readily countered by decent scouting and a bit of AA.

"Design is an iterative process. The required number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

See all my projects:

Would be nice if Selens could actually fire from a T1 transport. They'd still be worse than any other Ghetto due to lower DPS I think. But would give Seraphim a little more tactical diversity.

Think it would be better if they would be cloaked in transport and drop cloaked so you can’t be sure if the sera player only had 4 engies or 4 engies and 3 selens

@ftxcommando I like this idea.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock