'Brigadier Fletcher' Player tournament (cancelled)

This player tournament is not like previous player tournaments. I'd recommend everyone that wants to signup to give it a thorough read. This tournament is not just about playing, it is also about sharing your ideas and feedback on the maps that you play.

The tournament will consist of two teams with a decent variance of ratings. The teams will play five games in total. Each game will be played on one of the submissions of the 'Brigadier Fletcher' Mapping tournament. The first three games will be played on the submissions that end up being third, second and and then first respectively in the mapping tournament. For the last two games each team captain can pick one of the submissions to play. Any submission can be chosen by the team captain.

The tournament is cancelled.

Other tournaments in this series:

This is a work in progress and therefore not final

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Prizes

For each victory the members of the winning team each receive up to €10,-. You can only receive the prize through PayPal. Any fees of PayPal are deducted from your prize. If you are unable to claim your prize for any reason (including sanctions) then the prize will instead be donated as a one time donation to the Wereld Kanker Onderzoek Fonds. A prize is automatically converted into a donation to the Wereld Kanker Onderzoek Fonds if left unclaimed for one week or longer.

As a quick example:

• Team A won four times and therefore each member receives up to €40,-
  • Team B won one time and therefore each member receives up to €10,-

All the prizes are funded by myself. This tournament is an experiment. No additional donations will be accepted.

Signup requirements

The following are strict requirements. If you do not meet these requirements then your signup will be ignored.

We can check and confirm (1) through the statistics of your account. You can help us confirm (2) by sharing the replay IDs as you sign up. You only need to share four replay IDs. Any additional feedback of your experience as you played the maps for the map authors is appreciated, but not required.

Tournament procedure

The rating of a signup is the highest rating of the given player across all available ratings (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and global).

Procedure for choosing the team captains

All signups are capped at 2100 rating. If there are 3 or more players with 2100 rating then the captains are randomly chosen between those players. Otherwise the two players with the most rating each become a captain of one of the two teams.

Procedure for the team members

All signups are capped at 2100 rating. The captains take turns to pick one team member at a time. The captain with the lowest actual (non-capped) rating gets to pick first. The only requirement is that the player must have 150 or more less rating than the previously chosen signup for that team. If the captain did not choose any player yet then the comparison is made with the (possibly capped) rating of the captain.

As a quick example:

• Team captain has 2200 rating, is capped at 2100.
  • Team member (A) has at most 1950 rating
  • Team member (B) has at most 1800 rating
  • Team member (C) has at most 1650 rating

Special rules while playing the tournament

The captain of each team is of the UEF faction. No other team members can be of the UEF faction. At the start of the game the captain of each team renames their ACU to 'Brigadier Fletcher'. If Brigadier Fletcher is taken out then the operation is a failure for that team and the remaining team members are ordered to recall immediately. The opposing team therefore immediately achieves victory for that game.

There are no additional rules.

List of signups

it is quiet here for now

Is this where I sign up? If so.. Allow me to throw my hat in da ring, only to never be chosen

Strydxr:

1v1: 1116
2v2: 1136
3v3: 1354
4v4: 1359
Global: 1388

You can sign up here. Do make sure you play the maps at least four times, as described by the signup requirements

Sign me up!

1843 global
1377 1v1
1627 2v2
2066 3v3
1904 4v4

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

Signing up.

global 1507
1v1 1259
2v2 1692 (Lies, I swear)
4v4 1530
3v3 1367

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

I've decided to cancel the tournament.

After month worth of time on the news hub this tournament has less sign ups than the Rainbow Cup gained in the first day. I'd love to know what made people not sign up to this tournament.

😞

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

@jip said in 'Brigadier Fletcher' Player tournament (cancelled):

I've decided to cancel the tournament.

After month worth of time on the news hub this tournament has less sign ups than the Rainbow Cup gained in the first day. I'd love to know what made people not sign up to this tournament.

Having to play said maps prior to a sign up means I need to spend one or more of my days I have free to play FAF hosting games on them which likely won’t fill as everyone goes to play the typical teamgame hosts. This is especially true because I don’t enjoy playing games below like 1500+. The captain draft rules also make it difficult to pick people you could want to play with ie if I get picked 2nd by farm, he is now locked into picking 1600s he has 0 experience playing with.

Not to mention the UEF rule is bad particularly for me but that’s more a me thing.

@Jip I don't know when this was supposed to be held + having to play a lot of lobbysim games

I think there might be a naming issue. People see "Brigadier Fletcher Tournament" and think "oh that's the mapping tournament, I already read about that". Not noticing that this is a separate (albeit related) gameplay tournament