Players losing connection to each other

I want to say what's been going on lately is unacceptable, but FaF is free so it's whatever, but really what the hell has been going on?

It seems like nearly every game, or at least every other game people are losing connection to each other and one of them has to leave. Sometimes it happens multiple times in one game. It never used to be this bad but it's become such a common occurrence lately that it's constantly in the back of my mind, just waiting for someone to lose con and mess up a good game.

At first I was contributing it to the recent issues FAF has been having with its server, but since the server move happened the other day and this is still going on it begs the question of what could be causing it?

It's really been putting a sour taste in my mouth when it comes to FAF which sucks because it's still one of my favorite games.

My clan and I have been experiencing similar issues and have reported it. @magge was made aware of the issue but requires gamelogs to debug. Maybe you can supply these as well?

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

I probably should have been collecting logs but I haven't. My bad.

Here's one from just now at least.
game_20089992.log

I believe it was Phong and Dorset that lost con to each other in this one.

has FAF transitioned to these new servers yet that we have all been expecting for many months now?...if not then what has been the hold up? If so then why are the same problems still so prevalent?

dorset said in Players losing connection to each other:

has FAF transitioned to these new servers yet that we have all been expecting for many months now?

The move has already happened and it was only like a month after the announcement. Far from "many months".

I'd like to know what the community can do to help the dev team here. Is there a dev versoin with changes we can try? Is funding needed so help can be brought in?

The move has already happened and it was only like a month after the announcement. Far from "many months".

Why was this not announced? According to the news this was still upcoming, no date yet.

I appreciate everyone's busy but a quick 'It is done' post wouldn't take too long.

@deletethis 54cbd7d2-bfce-41a9-93ef-e2fff2c8594a-image.png

Was announced in the discord. The community manager is working on a newspost for the forums/client.

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

I don't see a problem with this in Global games. The problem might be growing there but I haven't seen it.

The biggest problem I see are in TMM games and especially water maps. I can't tell you how many times I get a water map on TMM and somebody disconnects. I might be paranoid but I think people are legitimately just quitting when they roll water.

As for late game desyncs I have no clue.