Upgradeable mass and energy storage

I'm a big fan of mass and energy storage, any chance we could add an ability to upgrade them to the base faf experience? Thought I would ask!

Eco needs a buff because?

There are some sim mods i think that lets you upgrade your storage. But as far being in a normal ranked game i dont think it will happen anytime soon, economy changes are tricky and dont happen often.

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...

You should´nt flood mass, there is no need for more mass storage. You should keep your mass whole game around zero 🙂

Even in giant games there is barely need for huge estorages.

@segacaretaker said in Upgradeable mass and energy storage:

You should´nt flood mass, there is no need for more mass storage. You should keep your mass whole game around zero 🙂

Even in giant games there is barely need for huge estorages.

Obviously, yes. But there are specific non-common scenarios where you may want to increase your mass or energy storage.

@just_norm And in those situations you build more e-/mass storage. There, problem solved.

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

@indexlibrorum said in Upgradeable mass and energy storage:

@just_norm And in those situations you build more e-/mass storage. There, problem solved.

Obviously that is the current thing to do. As per the entire point of this thread however, I'd like to see upgrading them as an option.

Upgrading them -> makes mexes better -> makes eco scale harder -> makes game go to game enders faster

Unless they’re terrible and worse payoff then ras scus, then they’re a false choice and a noob trap.

I don’t think increasing their adjacency bonuses is what is being requested, it would be nice to just have larger bulk storage for mass and energy, especially energy. Say two experimentals die on your side of the map, or you want to save up E for teleport upgrade. Making large lines of t1 e storage is kind of clunky. You could even make T2 and T3 mass storages less efficient in mass/e stored per cost

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

That's just a waste of mass and a noob trap then. You're spending mass to store mass when you could just.... stop reclaiming.

Like the same logic would apply to just making lines of mass storages not near mexes or mass fabs, except nobody does that because it's silly.

build engies rather than storage. Store your mass in the form of units/structures...kind of like buying property/investments to store your money rather than keeping it in the bank.. to me the upgradable storages is where it belongs.....in the mod vault.

@ftxcommando

It’s less efficient but more convenient as well as taking up less space in your base. T3 mass fabs are also less efficient than t2 massfabs but they still have a place in the game

@dorset

The point of mass storage is that it’s high capacity for low expenditure of build power and mass

Nobody does it with t2 storages so there is zero purpose in t3 storages existing to centralize a purpose that doesn't even exist now.

T3 massfabs don't blow up from 2 t1 bombers or a single novax thot patrolling the map.

@just_norm said in Upgradeable mass and energy storage:

Obviously that is the current thing to do. As per the entire point of this thread however, I'd like to see upgrading them as an option.

Yes but you haven't said why. What problem exists that would be solved by storage being upgradeable, and how would upgradeable storage improve the game?

@zeldafanboy High capacity for what reason? If you have to much mass then you need more engines to spend it properly.

@dorset

To deny reclaim fields to the enemy chiefly, but I guess that could actually be too strong rather than too weak. You could just suck up reclaim without fear of wasting the mass (in 1v1) or not having your teammates be able to spend the overflow