WD #3 - Ridiculous Balance Ideas

I don't think allowing heavily upgraded commanders with some vet to survive a direct nuke is a good idea

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

A realistic scenario

Isn’t the whole point to just make snipes more difficult? I’d argue it’s already closer to being too hard to recover from a lost position than it is to do damage from it in FAF so I fail to see what would even be gained by implementing it.

Make it a back upgrade...

Reduce the effectiveness of it to -25% damage reduction.

Add an energy cost requirement (say about -300 E) to run and bam, there you go.

If you E stall, you're just kneeling down but still taking all 100% of damage... so don't stall.

Make it so it takes time to kneel down and get up and a cool down so the ability can't be spammed as soon as you stand up...

Balance!

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@thewheelie

If it doesn’t explicitly replace some of the late game upgrades that give huge HP pools like cloak and double Sera nano then I can easily see it happening, although I guess nukes tend to target the bases further back which are less likely to have combat upgrades for commanders

@zeldafanboy said in WD #3 - Ridiculous Balance Ideas:

If it doesn’t explicitly replace some of the late-game upgrades that give huge HP pools like cloak and double Sera nano then I can easily see it happening, although I guess nukes tend to target the bases further back which are less likely to have combat upgrades for commanders

The ability could also be replacing a different upgrade slot...left or right arms perhaps?
Or... better yet, (in my opinion)... could be granted to the Commander at gate-in.
Though its activation would be limited by an energy storage cap, similar to Overcharge - needing 20K? 25? 30K? power in storage to be activated. And a heavy energy cost to keep running.

There are multiple ways to add an ability into a game and keep it balanced.

• Stats
  • Resource Costs
  • Maintenance Costs
  • Tradeoffs
  • etc.

Though adding it would alter gameplay a tad. Perhaps you get a winning fight and you have an enemy commander on the run with no backup. They're guaranteed to die... until they hunker buying themselves time for their backup forces to arrive, etc.

Though, either way, I'm up for new stuff.

This ability would alter ACU combat a bit in the sense of showcasing that the ACU is and should be one of the most powerful units on the battlefield.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Time for ur backup force to arrive so you sit and do nothing and let enemy surround ur ACU? The only way this works the way u want it to work is by removing sniping as a reality in the game. Instead how it will actually be used is to abuse it with OC micro by getting enemy units to clump and then u get out to instantly kill something like a group of ilshies. Don’t see the point in making defense even better in the game.

I'm not going to make this for the base game. I just stated it was possible. I also don't think it will add any real value for the majority of the situations.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

This post is deleted!

@defiant said in WD #3 - Ridiculous Balance Ideas:

ACUs can be upgraded arms from dead ACUs.

That's pretty cool

@nine2 said in WD #3 - Ridiculous Balance Ideas:

@defiant said in WD #3 - Ridiculous Balance Ideas:

ACUs can be upgraded arms from dead ACUs.

That's pretty cool

Is this like a UEF com kills an Aeon com and then has access to the Aeon arm upgrades? Because that would be interesting.

Make T1 mobile artillery not lead its target, so it will no longer be as effective against mobile units and would be primarily used against structures, as it should be.

I might have said this before. Subs can build underwater mexes and hydros.

@thomashiatt said in WD #3 - Ridiculous Balance Ideas:

Make T1 mobile artillery not lead its target, so it will no longer be as effective against mobile units and would be primarily used against structures, as it should be.

Would also fix issues with them not firing in some occasions 🙂 , but got rejected by the balance team.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Will discuss it again in the next meeting

Please don't force us to manually target ground fire for light arty to make them effective against units. Light artillery is not supposed to automatically miss anything moving.

Select 6 light arty, give ground fire order, press shift-g to split attack, then click and drag the 6 targets to spread them out . . . and keep moving them around as the fight is happening -- no thanks!

Might as well delete Medusa from the game if T1 arty can't hit units

How is that possibly up for discussion lol, might as well as remove groundfire so you don’t get pds abusing range, strats abusing aoe, or battleships abusing aoe.

Not using units the way they should be, or figuring out ways to make that work, is a decent bit of the fun in the game.

Another buff to the aeon faction and disastrous blow to cybran ( `_ゝ´)

Monkeylord gets egg drop as well. But instead of stopping to build a unit of choice, it automatically drops a Fire Beetle every
7.7 seconds if there is an enemy unit within maser range. The Fire Beetle is assigned the same target as the ML by default.