Improve Mercy quality of life - turn radius and fuel

Using 1 gunship to jebait aa while mercies fly in isn’t a new tactic. I’ve also had my acu surrounded by t1 aa at the front and still mercied because all went for the scout and then turned around too slow to hit the mercies. Can’t give any recent replays cuz like 90% of players refuse to make them in high level games out of principle.

Torp bombers have the highest priority afaIk so you can actually build one of them so the AA shoots them.
Cybran basically can't push anymore once the first mercy enters the field.
T2 mobile flak (especially Aeon) tends to miss due to the broken hitbox of the mercy. That happened a lot. Why I can't link a replay rn? Cuz high ranks are human players and don't use them so you obvsly can't see the bug. Try it out yourself and see the t2 flak (in front of the ACU) smts doesn't even hit the mercy.

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

@Melanol https://youtu.be/HeI3ZspMwhs?t=671 had t1 aa, didn't do shit. If you keep t1 aa in front of acu then it just dies. Otherwise not a lot of replays because most high rated players don't build mercies like ftx and sladow said because they're human and merices are just bm to use

@melanol
You can hard counter t1 aa and flak by just using a single gunship or intie to soak up some damage and to get the aa turrets to rotate the other way. Mercies will land almost all the time with that. Its even funnier when they are playing cybran.

Enjoy a mercy spectacular. Particular note is around 20minutes where static flak and sams are unable to shoot down mercies due to a combination of swifty distraction, slow projectile speed and reloading.

@unknow Mercying isnt hard at all. But defending it takes 100% attention.

"Good luck and a safe landing commanders!"

Without over-explaining, I'd rather the Mercy do less damage and have more HP.

Any buff to HP makes the mercy hit nearly 100%

I would like it if they didn't run out of fuel due to personal space issues while waiting close to your base.

@relentless This is what I am saying: it's not user-friendly, but people here start discussing how strong it is.

Is it may be possible to display the currently available range of an individual Mercy via LUA scripting? That would already help.

Perhaps if the Mercy deployed its payload farther out from the target to force the enemy to extend an air defense perimeter, also slow down the projectile speed so an aware ACU may still dodge it. Consider lowering the mass cost to put it more in line with a Swiftwinds relative cost to other fighter/bombers, or increase the build speed so they can be pushed out in an emergency.

Not all of these at the same time of course, or something different. Just spitballing ideas.

I feel in current state mercies are quite OP. Like its really bad unit design because you either kill opponent and win the game or you dont and in best case put yourself far behind. I really feel that mercy needs different role than current all-in snipe nonsense.

Skill issue

I want to have a aoe and damage anything over time aspect as well as volatility. Think of the damage effect beging similar to a uef t1 bomber and if the mercy gets shot down it still does the damage wherever it lands at. You could still snipe acus but you need more. You could hit t1 armies and even they get shot down in progress it still might do damage. If it's headed to a acu or a t2 pgen and gets shot down it will probably miss.