Developers patch 3745 - 3748

I'd really like the ability for engineers, combat engineers, and sacus to reclaim only. Currently,
when your mass fills up, they begin to assist units or repair. This gets them stuck in a loop and no longer reclaiming. It would also be nice to be able to disable auto-assist on smds and nukes for engineering stations.

I think you are using the Patrol order with your engies, right? Try using instead Alt-Right click (queue up a few with shift), that should solve this issue.

I can not begin to describe how pleased I am that you make a point of mentioning which mods are integrated or otherwise conflicting. On that note, one of my favorite features from Random UI is the 'easy reclaim', which I did not see mentioned here. Being able to only click reclaim without move orders has been amazing. Is that also being integrated alongside the hard-move commands? (now 'ignore mode').

@jip said in Upcoming developers patch:

Deprecated UI mods

The following UI mods are known to collide with these changes, and are therefore deprecated:

• Advanced Camera Stuff (we're integrating the range rings of this mod)
  • Random UI Improvements

Make a post in this thread if you think some of these features are worth keeping around and we'll discuss whether the UI mod should be re-implemented or that we can integrate the behavior into the game.

Is there some secret to turning on the range rings? As at the moment faf develop forces additional camera stuff off but does not display the shift (or ctrl depending on settings) range rings.

The range rings are not integrated yet, once they are I'll add it to the post. There will also be (Youtube) clips on some of the new (and old) features of the game so that there's more awareness.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Can I suggest a feature?

Contextual drag selection:

• Alt drag box to select only engineers
  • Normal drag box to select only army
  • Shift drag box to select everything

@immortal-d said in Upcoming developers patch:

I can not begin to describe how pleased I am that you make a point of mentioning which mods are integrated or otherwise conflicting. On that note, one of my favorite features from Random UI is the 'easy reclaim', which I did not see mentioned here. Being able to only click reclaim without move orders has been amazing. Is that also being integrated alongside the hard-move commands? (now 'ignore mode').

Yes it is - it is already in! You can set a separate selection threshold when you are in reclaim mode (via hotkey or via the reclaim button in the UI). See also the settings (when you are on FAF Develop).

@immortal-d said in Upcoming developers patch:

I can not begin to describe how pleased I am that you make a point of mentioning which mods are integrated or otherwise conflicting.

And if there is anything else we can do to make the patch easier to understand / process, do share.

@archsimkat said in Upcoming developers patch:

Can I suggest a feature?

Contextual drag selection:

• Alt drag box to select only engineers
  • Normal drag box to select only army
  • Shift drag box to select everything

I think that would be really awesome!

@jip I think making a guide to where does the mod menus is after integration and how to views the options of the mod after might be good

@archsimkat I think It would require engine changes, I can only tell that for engies shift+alt is possible through UI

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@archsimkat
alt3.gif

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

Nice work 4z0t! Let us know when the mod is up 🙂

@archsimkat mod
is done and works fine for me

— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

Updated the post with the new features about recall, mouse sharing and the changes we're making to reclaim labels. See also the second post:

One shot, ten deprecated mods

— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

I liked the changes with reclaim labels. Good job, Jip and his team! You are the best!

I love recall

You guys are doing awesome work.

One question, does recall require being alive? If not, I think it should.

It requires you to be not defeated, yes.