Removing A Pink

Regarding color blindness/color differentiation/etc, it's good to have colors that have differences in several ways (ie: red value, blue value, green value, hue, saturation, brightness), rather than just 1 or 2. That was one of the things I was focusing on with my suggestions for color changes. The only differences with these two pinks is in green value and saturation IIRC.

pfp credit to gieb

Yes being barrier free is sometimes unpleasant for normal people.

So the only question is whether we want to at least try to achieve high accessibility or not.

So do we care about handicapped people or not?

I'd only be interested in seeing one of these colors removed when given an enticing alternative color to replace it.

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

Nobody better fucking touch my pink, that shit stays.

@aulex Where have you been with your mapgen games 😞

But yes I also vote for the pinks staying

ff88ff should be a little bit lighter

Never Fear, A Geek is Here!

@emperor_penguin have you heard of allies vs enemies colour scheme in options?
You are blue
Allies are green
Enemies are red

@emperor_penguin said in Removing A Pink:

Regarding color blindness/color differentiation/etc, it's good to have colors that have differences in several ways (ie: red value, blue value, green value, hue, saturation, brightness), rather than just 1 or 2. That was one of the things I was focusing on with my suggestions for color changes. The only differences with these two pinks is in green value and saturation IIRC.

I don't think it is that easy.
The colors that color blind people cannot tell apart may not necessarily correspond to the technical linear values that are usually used to define colors in software (even for non-color-blind people, saturation changes can cause an impression of hue change to humans; this is why "human" color spaces exist). Not really sure on this but this should be checked before making any changes to any colors for color-blind people.

Edit:
I think there are not that many different major types of color blindnesses. If sombody made a set of colors for each color blindness, they could probably be integrated rather easily in the game options.

@yellownoob
Yes, that's less desirable for me to use.

@katharsas
I've spent time looking at filters for colors with different forms of colorblindness and talked with colorblind people about their colorblindness with various colors and with what helps in the past. Making colors different in several ways is not a guarantee that they will appear different to every possible form of colorblindness by any means, but it theoretically does make it significantly more likely that they'll be at least somewhat distinguishable to people with more forms of colorblindness, rather than looking basically or literally identical to them.

pfp credit to gieb

@emperor_penguin In that picture red and dark red are worse to see the diference.

Is it possible to make a UI mod that color-blind people could use or does it have to be a sim mod?

I'm afraid that at the moment that is not within the reach of a UI mod. We're looking into providing alternatives for color blind people, but there has not been a lot of progression in that area yet.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned