Nerf t3 arti

T3 artillery is in every game I play no matter what map it is, large, small or medium. It ruins the entire aspect of how forged alliance is intended to play. No one needs to do any real tactics when they can just sit in their base and eco for 15 minutes then make arti.

Some of the responses to similar threads on this are to snipe the enemy com but that is easier said than done. Flak itself deserves its own category and it can easily rip apart any aircraft making it impossible to fly in. You also cannot easily get in my land when a few pd simply block specific entrances.

The DPS is extreme for a unit and it will easily destroy any base no matter the shielding. What is the point of shields if they can do literally nothing to counter artillery?

The aeon artillery itself is more broken than the others. Dmg + Dmg over time and it stuns shields making building shields completely pointless.

My suggestion to fix said problem is to either increase the cost of making this super weapon unit or the dmg it does reduced.

The scathis for example is far more balanced since each shell does less dmg and spreads over a large area. A single targeted T3 artillery can do more dmg on any map than a scathis.

Please consider this when looking at another balance update. At the very least it would open room up for other more interesting tactics and gameplay.

Moved to Balance Disccussion, please consult the Balance Discussion Guidelines

If you would play on a different map than "Only Astro Crater Battles RICH 4x4" than things would be a lot different. It is a heavy turtle map without many tactics and gameplay elements you would have in a "normal" map. (Examples: Raiding, drops, TML, etc)

I can understand your thoughts about that topic when I have your favorite map in mind.

But I can not understand the most other assumptions you make without seeing a replay ID.

Like "Flak can easily rip apart every air unit" or "You also cannot easily get in my land when a few pd simply block specific entrances." -> You mean the ONLY little gap entrance you have on your only played map?

Could you help me understand your balance thoughts with some replay IDs which demonstrate the problem?

Just build shields??

Ras Boi's save lives.

Respectfully - "It ruins the entire aspect of how forged alliance is intended to play" I don't believe anyone is the single authority on how FA is intended to play.

Turtling players are always at a disadvantage. This game is rock/paper/scissors. Look at what your opponent has and find their weakness then exploit it. There is always a counter. Always. A static base is literally a sitting target for you to pick apart. You can see exactly whats there and not.

As Zokora says some maps are strategy dependent. And some are not fun to play for that reason (imho). FAF has a bazillion fun maps, try a new one for a change.

T3 arty is easily defended. You get some shields and you reinforce them with a good number of engineers, making sure you have mass in the bank to spend on helping the shield regen.

The mass they spent on a T3 arty was not spent on units for them. So you should have a vastly larger army which should have wrecked your opponent. The time it takes to build a T3 arty is time you have to plan and execute a strategy.

I haven't seen a t3 arty in like 50 games.

If you don't play hilly/dual gap/astro you are pretty much guaranteed to rarely see the unit. If you're tired of it, play any of the matchmakers.

I have played more than 1,000 1v1 ladder games and I have NEVER seen t3 arty on it. As others have said, Dualgap and astro are maps where t3 arty comes up a lot, but outside of it, its almost non-existent.

FAF Website Developer

@coinlazer said in Nerf t3 arti:

T3 artillery is in every game I play no matter what map it is, large, small or medium.

Your last 100 games are all the exact same astro map btw

I'm starting to think there should be a official mod and forum topic of gap balence.

The complaints about point defense and flak being op too are very telling

Stop playing the same map and you’ll stop seeing the same strategy.

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

Even on astro (assuming its the non-rich version) there are a number of alternatives and counters to T3 arti and lots of options for ending the game before it even gets to that point. You'll also usually need 2-3 T3 arti to break through an enemy base with shields being a mass efficient defence in response to a single T3 arti due to how compact bases tend to be (1 T3 shield can cover your entire base if you've built it with T3 arti protection in mind)

@maudlin27 It is the rich only version. 🙂

Just turn off t3 arty in unit restrictions.

Alright lock this thread I'm sick of the excuses for people simping on artillery.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

@coinlazer

I’m not simping(???) for T3 artillery, I generally dislike turtle games that end up with lots of passive ecoing and sim city gameplay which lead to T3 arty. I’m saying that T3 arty are only useful on a very specific type of map. If you play a different map, you will see different strategies. It’s got nothing to do with the balance of the T3 artillery. If you want T3 arty to be nerfed such that nobody makes them even on turtle choke point maps then they’d be unusable. Might as well be asking to remove the unit from the game.

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

t3 stationary arty is a meme tbh

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

@coinlazer said in Nerf t3 arti:

Alright lock this thread I'm sick of the excuses for people simping on artillery.

Yes please lock this thread @Deribus ? It is painful to see such needless ripping on OP.

Fewer people could have made the same point and have had the same discussion with OP.