Active Trainers Contact Page

If anyone wants a more casual interaction: The ANZFAF server (https://discord.gg/6E2sAHt) has people in voice chats most nights starting around 0900 GMT (usually going until around 1400GMT).
We're a friendly bunch and willing to help those who ask questions.
Also, if you want more direct training on a particular issue hmu (Angelofd347h#1629) and I'll see whether I can help or I'll get one of the ANZ guys to assist.
I'm ~1300 global, ~1030 ladder, primarily willing to help people with replay reviews identifying areas on which to improve. Ideally looking for people who want to improve but can help guide newbies through the starting builds too.

I a pleb who is active at teaching new plebs how to play a game, anything below 1000 rated both global or ladder i am capable of teaching you tips and tricks and hints to improve your gameplay experience and teaching you to use your own brainpower to be capable of analyzing the game yourself.

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...

It's updated.
https://wiki.faforever.com/index.php?title=User_Groups#File%3APersonal_Trainer_Avatar.png_Trainers

If you are a personal trainer and aren't written there - write information about yourself in this document. I will add you to the wiki page.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CSV5mBRKq9F1e21GcGhPpatnAZMdBeWjgj3Eo3jcF_k/edit?usp=sharing

So this is probably a dumb question, but are the people listed here for-profit trainers, i.e. with an hourly rate, or for-fun trainers, i.e. teaching for the sake of teaching?

I don't think that any of the current trainers charge a fee for training, they are training people to help them improve and support the competitive scene of FAF.

Awesome! That's what I assumed, but I couldn't find it spelled out anywhere. Maybe add that detail here and/or in the forums?

Also, please add me as a trainer then:

CheeseBerry [Setons: 1700 | like 1200 anywhere else]

If you are below 1.4k and interested in the map Seton's Clutch pm me!
This includes experienced Setoners trying to become better, Astro and Gap players wanting to try out a new map and ladder players switching it up with some team games.

I'll also gladly show you the ropes on any map if you are completely new to FAF (< 50 games).
The basics translate between all game modes and there are quite a few unintuitive tips and tricks you just gotta be shown when starting out.

Desired Student: See above, speaking English/German
Availability: Typically German Evening
Discord: Cheeseberry#1965 (or pm me in FAF)

Time to sign up after having that on my to do-list for 3 months straight kappa

Sladow-Noob [Global: 2000]

Training players reaching from complete beginners up to 1.5k+ rank since years, specializing in teamgames on any map, any faction. I don't mind if someone only wants to learn the standard buildorders or the more advanced micro-techniques - I can teach you what you want to learn and especially for the ones who're usually by far the highest ones in the team: How to carry teamgames. Usually it's up to my trainees if they want to go through replays via a VC on Discord or just via chat.

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

Any trainers still active? I am a very new player (13 1v1 ladder games played), just starting to get a hang for the macro and the hotbuilding/build orders - I could use some pointers for my last replay where I wasn't able to convert a seeming map/eco advantage - The turtled up UEF player just wouldn't budge. Would appreciate any help, and open to suggestions for how to improve in the longer term. TY in advance.

@babel42 Jup, easiest way to find us is in the official discord: https://discord.gg/KRzeCcbU
In the "gameplay-and-training" channel.

TY - OMWTN

Hello I am a returning player and things have changed quite a bit from 2018. I have a basic understanding of game mechanics but have trouble transitioning out of the early game and figuring out what to do and when after the first 5min or so.

Name is Airbornstinger on the discord, more active there.

@airbornstinger

Do u need training to solve transition?

@Airbornstinger
Since you already have Discord, check out the official FAF-discord (can be found in the client, chat-menu, at the top). Head to the gameplay-and-training channel and ask any question or post an ID. You can also just DM any personal trainer to help you out.

@sladow-noob

What do you mean by post and ID. I assume post a replay to be analyzed? Apparently my time is the opposite of peak hours for most player apparently. I am IN NA central.

Next game I play I will post the replay in the training channel.

Thank You.

@unknow

Yes i am struggling to understand the time to transition in to T2, and so on in a 1v1.

Yeah I was referring to the ID of the replay. And dw about timezones, I've seen a trainer being online for each time even when I was asleep - or some just do it via Chat like I do with most of my trainees so time isn't an issue as well there

@sladow-noob

Next game I get in I'll send it to you.

Thank you

Feel free to add yourself as teacher/student in this open community source of links. You must create group for students/teachers first. Https://forum.faforever.com/topic/4976/help-me-with-useful-sources/1

0c79cdb9-c507-42f0-8a73-bdf02e180669-image.png

Hi guys,

I am looking for a trainer. I am basically stuck at ~650 - 700 on 1v1 and the same on 4v4 for months now. My 1k global rating is from old days where I played a lot of custom games and with whatever luck I got to ~1k on 2v2.
I know FA (or SupCom) from day 1 and played it since then with pauses again and again. I have ~1.5k games in and so know the game quite well. Nonetheless, my gameplay does not seem to reflect that ;-).
I am already studying my replays to find my mistakes and copy what others did well, but there is no visible improvement in rating. I am still having fun, but I am a little competitive as well and want to improve over time.

I hope to find someone who might guide me for some longer time, not just the next few games. I speak german and english and my timezone is CET. I mostly play wednesday evening and friday night. I current favorite faction is Aeon, but I was a very long time UEF player before that.

My latests 1v1s: #19109226 and #19109373

Thx
Robert