Active Trainers Contact Page

This is the Active Trainers Contact Page, a place for students to find trainers and a for trainers to advertise themselves.

If you are a student:
This is a page for you to find a trainer that best suits you. Regardless of your rating or any reason you may have to not look for a trainer, as long as you have a mindset of improvement, you can use this page to reach out to an active trainer. You may either message a trainer directly, or post a reply below. Please tell the trainer a little about yourself, the areas you would like to improve in, and your ultimate goals for the training.

If you are a trainer:
This is a page for you to advertise your availability. Trainers please give me a short blurb about the type of student you are looking for and your training style, your desired student rating range, your availability, and your discord contact. There is no rating requirement to be a trainer. If you would would like to be added to the list or taken off, please contact me on FAF, Discord, or the forum.

Active Trainers Contact Page

Tex [Global: 1929 | Ladder: 2100]

Teaching Ladder 1v1 for players [rated 1.2K+]
I won't teach you 'standard faf' - that is, build orders or how to eco, but I will teach you when to push and when not to push, how to identify the game state find your win condition, even from a losing position. Please already have a basic understanding of FAF gameplay and macro. Teaching will primarily be in the form of replay analysis and questioning decision making. This can not be done unless there is a basic understanding of FA gameplay mechanics.

Teaching all game modes for any players (All rating)
I will go over your replays and help you figure out the most important aspects of your gameplay that needs improvement, and point you in the right direction to fix these.

Please contact me on FAF primarily.
Discord: Voiceoftex#9399

F-Odin [Global: 1971 | Ladder: 1832]

"Experienced Trainer who has taught anyone from complete beginners to decent players, uses Discord religiously and will even whack out a twitch stream with recorded commentary now and then to help analysis. Happy to teach anyone who can speak English. Will be hosting/has newbie (under 100 games) group sessions on Fridays 2000 GMT"."

Desired student: [played >5 games and speaks English]
Discord: F-Odin#0791

cocAurico [Global: 1612 | Ladder: 1636]

"In just about 15 days, with a 12 steps program, get rid of your firebase addiction, and even better, learn to break your opponent firebase with a 97% success ratio! 5 first day are free, why don't you try it!"

Availability: UK afternoon/evening time.
Discord: @Auriko5386

CheeseBerry [Setons: 1700 | like 1200 anywhere else]

"If you are below 1.4k and interested in the map Seton's Clutch pm me!
This includes experienced Setoners trying to become better, Astro and Gap players wanting to try out a new map and ladder players switching it up with some team games."

"I'll also gladly show you the ropes on any map if you are completely new to FAF (< 50 games).
The basics translate between all game modes and there are quite a few unintuitive tips and tricks you just gotta be shown when starting out."

Desired Student: See above, speaking English/German
Availability: Typically German Evening
Discord: Cheeseberry#1965 (or pm me in FAF)

arma473 [Global: 1265 | Ladder: 1173]

"I have no minimum rating requirement and you don’t have to be particularly motivated. If you are playing ladder matches, or you want to play ladder matches, that’s good enough. For active players: I would watch your replays and give feedback. For anyone who feels like they’re not ready for the ladder: I will teach you the tools that you need to get started. You won’t learn them by playing against the AI or by playing in team games.

I also wrote a guide to 1v1s. You might find it useful: https://forum.faforever.com/topic/766/ladder-1v1-beginner-intermediate-and-advanced-topics-by-arma473. "

Availability: I'm available most of the time, but my work schedule is irregular.
Discord: 4rma473#4558

Wainan [Global: 1018 | Ladder: 750]

"Looking at helping to optimise basic build orders and help to get people into the mindset of playing aggressive 1v1."

Desired student: [Speaks English]
Availability: UK afternoon/evening time.

Sladow-Noob [Global: 2000]

"Training players reaching from complete beginners up to 1.5k+ rank since years, specializing in teamgames on any map, any faction. I don't mind if someone only wants to learn the standard buildorders or the more advanced micro-techniques - I can teach you what you want to learn and especially for the ones who're usually by far the highest ones in the team: How to carry teamgames. Usually it's up to my trainees if they want to go through replays via a VC on Discord or just via chat. "

Discord: Sladow#9155

Desired student: [Speaks German and English]

Last updated: Oct 30th, 2021.

I'd be interested in helping new players. I used to play 2008-2013 and came back recently. I'm rated 750 1v1 and 1000 global so I'd be looking at helping to optimise basic build orders and help to get people into the mindset of playing aggressive 1v1.

At the moment I've got a lot of free time so if anyone's interested then get in touch and we'll find a time that suits both. I live in the UK so English language and UK afternoon/evening time.

Get ready for the training session the world was waiting for !

In just about 15 days, with a 12 steps program, get rid of your firebase addiction, and even better, learn to break your opponent firebase with a 97% success ratio ! 5 first day are free, why don't you try it !
Contact @Auriko5386 aka cocAurico on FAF and start this game-changing program right now !
NEVER AGAIN you shall suffer from this strategy !

Is that good advertisement ? 😛

If anyone wants a more casual interaction: The ANZFAF server (https://discord.gg/6E2sAHt) has people in voice chats most nights starting around 0900 GMT (usually going until around 1400GMT).
We're a friendly bunch and willing to help those who ask questions.
Also, if you want more direct training on a particular issue hmu (Angelofd347h#1629) and I'll see whether I can help or I'll get one of the ANZ guys to assist.
I'm ~1300 global, ~1030 ladder, primarily willing to help people with replay reviews identifying areas on which to improve. Ideally looking for people who want to improve but can help guide newbies through the starting builds too.

I a pleb who is active at teaching new plebs how to play a game, anything below 1000 rated both global or ladder i am capable of teaching you tips and tricks and hints to improve your gameplay experience and teaching you to use your own brainpower to be capable of analyzing the game yourself.

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...

It's updated.
https://wiki.faforever.com/index.php?title=User_Groups#File%3APersonal_Trainer_Avatar.png_Trainers

If you are a personal trainer and aren't written there - write information about yourself in this document. I will add you to the wiki page.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CSV5mBRKq9F1e21GcGhPpatnAZMdBeWjgj3Eo3jcF_k/edit?usp=sharing

So this is probably a dumb question, but are the people listed here for-profit trainers, i.e. with an hourly rate, or for-fun trainers, i.e. teaching for the sake of teaching?

I don't think that any of the current trainers charge a fee for training, they are training people to help them improve and support the competitive scene of FAF.

Awesome! That's what I assumed, but I couldn't find it spelled out anywhere. Maybe add that detail here and/or in the forums?

Also, please add me as a trainer then:

CheeseBerry [Setons: 1700 | like 1200 anywhere else]

If you are below 1.4k and interested in the map Seton's Clutch pm me!
This includes experienced Setoners trying to become better, Astro and Gap players wanting to try out a new map and ladder players switching it up with some team games.

I'll also gladly show you the ropes on any map if you are completely new to FAF (< 50 games).
The basics translate between all game modes and there are quite a few unintuitive tips and tricks you just gotta be shown when starting out.

Desired Student: See above, speaking English/German
Availability: Typically German Evening
Discord: Cheeseberry#1965 (or pm me in FAF)

Time to sign up after having that on my to do-list for 3 months straight kappa

Sladow-Noob [Global: 2000]

Training players reaching from complete beginners up to 1.5k+ rank since years, specializing in teamgames on any map, any faction. I don't mind if someone only wants to learn the standard buildorders or the more advanced micro-techniques - I can teach you what you want to learn and especially for the ones who're usually by far the highest ones in the team: How to carry teamgames. Usually it's up to my trainees if they want to go through replays via a VC on Discord or just via chat.

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

Any trainers still active? I am a very new player (13 1v1 ladder games played), just starting to get a hang for the macro and the hotbuilding/build orders - I could use some pointers for my last replay where I wasn't able to convert a seeming map/eco advantage - The turtled up UEF player just wouldn't budge. Would appreciate any help, and open to suggestions for how to improve in the longer term. TY in advance.

@babel42 Jup, easiest way to find us is in the official discord: https://discord.gg/KRzeCcbU
In the "gameplay-and-training" channel.

TY - OMWTN

Hello I am a returning player and things have changed quite a bit from 2018. I have a basic understanding of game mechanics but have trouble transitioning out of the early game and figuring out what to do and when after the first 5min or so.

Name is Airbornstinger on the discord, more active there.

@airbornstinger

Do u need training to solve transition?

@Airbornstinger
Since you already have Discord, check out the official FAF-discord (can be found in the client, chat-menu, at the top). Head to the gameplay-and-training channel and ask any question or post an ID. You can also just DM any personal trainer to help you out.

@sladow-noob

What do you mean by post and ID. I assume post a replay to be analyzed? Apparently my time is the opposite of peak hours for most player apparently. I am IN NA central.

Next game I play I will post the replay in the training channel.

Thank You.

@unknow

Yes i am struggling to understand the time to transition in to T2, and so on in a 1v1.

Yeah I was referring to the ID of the replay. And dw about timezones, I've seen a trainer being online for each time even when I was asleep - or some just do it via Chat like I do with most of my trainees so time isn't an issue as well there