Identify a Problem
The value of a wreck (in mass) has no relationship to its hit points (abbreviated to hp for the remainder of the topic). There are numerous examples in the next section.
A consequence is that wrecks of structures (and units) of the Cybran faction are a lot easier to get rid of than wrecks of other factions. Another consequence is that sometimes it can be surprisingly easy or difficult to get rid of a wreck, depending on the health of the unit that was turned into a wreck.
Showcase the Problem
- A rock with a similar reclaim value of a tech 1 factory has 50 hp, while the wreck of the mentioned factory has about 2K hp
- A wreck of a fatboy has 12K hp, while the wreck of a colossus has 100K hp
- A wreck of a game ender has about 5K to 10K hp, while it consists of 200K+ worth of mass
- A wreck of a bomber has about 200 hp, while a wreck of a power generator (roughly the same) has 600+ hp
Find a Solution
Props (and in particular: wrecks) have five times their mass value as health. This means that:
- Average tech 1 land unit has wrecks with 100 - 300 health
- Average tech 2 land unit has wrecks with 500 - 1200 health
- Average tech 3 land unit has wrecks with 1400 - 5000 health
A wreck of the Fatboy has roughly the same amount of hit points of the wreck of a colossus.
It also means that:
- Chain reactions on tech 3 resource generation structures are less likely to destroy wrecks
- The wrecks of tech 3 artillery and game enders would be virtually impossible to destroy
Justify the Solution
Wreck values can be seen using the reclaim overlay. A player is immediately aware of the health of a wreck at any given moment.