2022 Summer Invitational Group Stage

Welcome to the Group Stage for the 2022 Summer Invitational. This stage will be made up with 4 groups of 4 players each. Games will be played round robin style with each player in a group playing each other player in a BO3. The top 2 players in each group will advance to the playoffs.

Date: June 18th
Start Time: 14:00 UTC
Chat: /join #summer
Challonge: https://challonge.com/si7xmvar
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/faflive
Tournament Directors:
Overall: Swkoll
Group A TD: Inspektor_Kot
Group B TD: Inspektor_Kot
Group C TD: Inspektor_Kot
Group D TD: Inspektor_Kot

Groups:
alt text

Maps:
tl;dr 2 alternating vetoes each, low seed vetoes first. High seed picks map 1. Low seed picks map 2. Players veto down for the last map.

There is a pool of 11 maps and maps will be selected using a veto and pick system. This means each player has 2 vetos, with the lower seed in the group vetoing first in an alternating pattern. (ie lower seed, upper seed, lower seed, upper seed). Next the higher seed will select the first map, the lower seed the second map, and if necessary players will resume vetoing maps until only 1 remains with the lower seed vetoing first. 5 of the maps are the same for each group and 6 maps are different for each group.

We will be using the same faction veto system as used in LoTS and in previous invitationals. After a map is picked, both players will secretly send 2 factions, in order of preference, that they would like to play, and 1 faction they would like to veto to their group's Tournament Director.

For mapgen, both players can enter the lobby and view the map prior to sending in their vetoes. Each player now gets 1 reroll, but must use the rerolled map.

For tiebreaks and scoring, we will use the challonge system of tiebreaks. In the event that 2 positions are perfectly tied by those metrics, a BO1 will be played between the tied players with players vetoing down to 1 map, lower seed vetoing first.

To clarify map picking and faction veto:

Figure out which maps are in your group, they are the 5 "All" maps and the 6 maps specific to your group.
Lower seed (as shown by the position in the group) vetoes first map
Higher seed vetoes next map
Lower seed uses last veto
Higher seed uses last veto
Higher seed then picks the first map to play from the list of maps in the pool that have not been vetoed
Players send 2 factions that they would like to play and 1 veto to their group's TD
Lower seed picks the second map following the same rules
Players send 2 factions that they would like to play and 1 veto to their group's TD
In the event of a tie, players veto down the remaining maps until 1 remains with lower seed going first
The winner reports the results (including losses and tie games) to their group's tournament director in the #summer channel

Map Pool:
now^tm

Soon^tm

Well my group could definitely be worse

Ras Boi's save lives.

signing up

profile picture credits to petric

map pool posted

This post is deleted!

Could be worse

The lack of adaptive metir tho worries me

Ras Boi's save lives.

Not going play. Dont even understand how i qualified.

@yellownoob Top 6 in qualifier qualified, you tied for 5th/6th.

SilentNoob now replaces YellowNoob in Group B.

Unknow will be subbing in for Paralon in Group B.

Group b a bit easy for Nexus now haha

Ras Boi's save lives.

Eternal- replaces tagada in group A

what
wha
wh
w
???//?????

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

@turbo3 Dont be afraid, I will be gentle,
UPD. nvm you are not in my group xD

This post is deleted!

Espi too weak, don't know who's going to not show up xD

@noc_n_o_c_noc said in 2022 Summer Invitational Group Stage:

Well my group could definitely be worse

It got worse xD

Congrats to the 8 players who have advanced to the playoffs: Turin, Archsimkat, Nexus, SilentNoob, Yudi, ZLO, TURBO2, and Grimplex! These players have guaranteed themselves a portion of the prize pool and an invite to the next invitational this fall.

Thanks to Inspektor_Kot for TDing all 4 groups, Dragun101 and Milchshake for their generous donations, Rowey and Javi for helping promote this event, and Farms for cocasting with me on twitch.tv/faflive!

We'll see you next Saturday June 25th at 14:00UTC for the RO8 and Semifinals followed by the Bronze Match and Finals on June 26th at 14:00UTC!

Map pool for the playoffs will be released once every player has sent me a map or Tuesday whichever comes first.